1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with best friend and should probably stop

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 4mike, Oct 22, 2020.

1. 4mike

4mike New Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Been hanging out with the same person every day for over a year and a half we became best friends. Recently moved in together and we are both gay and Im in love with him. Told him months before we moved in together that I had feelings for him and got a really weird angry type of response that through me off. I felt like he forcefully made me agree to just being friends. At that time I was sure our friendship was about to be over but he then wanted to hangout more than ever before. Months later here I am still in love and can't stop. It doesn't help that all we do is hangout together when we are not working. He is always asking who is calling me. We're are you going when are you going to be back. I see sometimes feels like he is using me but at other times he's not. All I know it's driving me nuts. I'm nervous to say anything to him in fear I might upset him and he moves out and leaves me hanging on a lease. I just saw one of his friends do that and I don't need that. I don't know what to do!

2. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sweetie, just reading your post..shows the answer. It looks like you posted so you could get responses that agree with you.
    The lease. It appears to me that he is acting the way he does so you don’t bail on the place yourself. Are both of you named on lease? If yes, regardless of the relationship your friend has to pay. If he is not on lease things get sticker. Sounds like you need to do some research. What happens legally as unsigned leaves? I can think of a ton more questions. Research the hell out of before you mention to your friend. Protect yourself.
    The strangeness of your relationship with him. As I noted, I think the lease comes into play here.
    Do you have other friends? Are you comfortable getting coffee on your own? You should take a big step back from him and develop other relationships.
    No, it is not easy. There may well be some loud voices and a permanent goodbye. You need to prepare to lose friend. If you believe someone is using you they probably are.
    ((momhugs))