1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone write a journal?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RayneFall, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’ve done journaling for over three years now. I try to write everyday. I usually write about what I did that day, how I’m feeling, what the weather is like, and then I also have a list of what the best and worst days were in each year.

Josh745 likes this.
  2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I currently keep several. One for writing in fountain pen, another that I write in using a dip pen, and a binder for handwriting practice, as well as grammar practice. I've struggled with writing for a long time due to abuse -- the public school where I grew up was horrible -- so writing longhand every day is good therapy and it desensitizes my fight or flight response when I do it.

Josh745 likes this.
  3. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ripping up paper like that is an amazing form of therapy. I hope it helped a bit.
    (((momhugs)))

4. musicals

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have journaled at least 2-3 times a week for the past 9 years or so. I mostly write about my daily life, stuff i did, general topics of interest, the news that day, neighborhood gossip, doodles, etc.... Recently i fallen behind though, i haven't written anything 'proper' in nearly a month.

I like reading back my old journals though, so i can remind myself of back in the days when my life was actually good. I don't usually journal about the bad days because i don't want to revisit the bad days (though these past couple months i written about the bad days anyway because my life plain sucks.)

#24 musicals, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  5. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't keep exactly a journal, since I don't write regularly, but I have a notebook where I write about my feelings and thoughts, especially when I'm feeling down or lonely or simply when I feel the urge to write down all that comes to mind.

I find it really helpful and I like to read it back from time to time as well.