1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first month

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Fritzcoop, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Fritzcoop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So a year ago this month I came out to my wife, kids,friends, and coworkers. Since then covid has struck, I have lost 60 lbs, my daughter has married, I've changed careers, and yaaaaas! I have moved out. Every month became less civil and my poor wife just cannot emotionally handle my presence. So I'm renting monthly in a house that is in a nice neighborhood. It's a great start.

2. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im glad things are getting better for you ^^

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m sorry that things weren’t good with your wife, but I’m pleased so much has changed positively for you. Congrats.

I have a new job (and have since been promoted), have lost weight, etc. since leaving my ex. It’s amazing how much it can change things for the better.

Drizzle and Frankie46 like this.
  4. Tartanskrt

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is amazing. It's so encouraging to hear tales from the other side where people are winning and live has not in fact fallen apart. So thank you so much for sharing.

5. KeLeWi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like your wife just needs time to come to terms with the new reality. It sounds like you have been able to implement many positive changes in your life. Congratulations! My story is similar, but luckily, my soon-to-be-exwife and I chose to spend a year working on our friendship so that after our divorce we will still be the best of friends. After that year, I moved out and we are both moving on, but with each other's support. I know not everyone is so fortunate.

MarkinThai and Drizzle like this.
  6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those are a lot of changes for a month's time! Sorry to hear about how your wife is handling things, but all the rest sound like positive steps in the right direction!

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fritzcoop.....Wow! what a lot of changes! So sorry about the situation with your wife. The important thing is that you continue to move forward. Just think about what your life could be like in another year!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

8. bluehorizon

That's a momentum-filled post. It's as if you won't be going back into the closet anytime soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congrats!

#8 bluehorizon, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  9. musiclvr5

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember reading your posts , probably a year ago when all of this was new to you. I was and still am in the same situation that you were. My wife knows but neither one of us can seem to fully accept and begin to let go. I know how unfair it is to us both, we just cannot let go of what we have. She is an amazing woman that deserves all the best , all my love and respect, I hate that I've hurt her so much by telling her my truth.
    I teared up when I saw your current post, I am so happy for you and I cling tight to hope that one day , I will be able to be who I'm meant to be, and that she has a man that can give her 100 percent of the love and adoration she deserves.
    Thank you for sharing your story.

10. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fitzcoop congrats on your progress and sorry to hear your wife is having issues. With time perhaps she will come around. No question this is traumatic for her as well.
    I too found myself in midst of changes as I embraced being gay. While never heavy I dropped about 20 lbs and started to develop a real six pac even at my age. I also learned that I enjoyed taking care of my body, my face, and updating my wardrobe. Pedicures and manicures are for men as well and enjoyable. I started to see myself as sexy for the first time in my life and you know what ,I enjoyed it. Sex went from humdrum meh to a sensual erotic experience each time. Romance began an integral part of each days experience. I wish the same for you. Enjoy your new life.

11. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So happy things are going well for you ?

12. Frankie46

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi

It’s great to read a post that is happy and encouraging. I hope that your wife manages to move on without too much upset now that you are out of the house. I have a friend in a similar situation. Although it has taken a while they are now good friends and parents than they were before the proverbial xxxx hit the fan.

Good luck.

Frankie x

13. PeterWI

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    More power to ya, that is definitely an achievement in itself! :wink:

Nothing you can do about your wife. You are not responsible for other people's emotions, just keep living your life.

#13 PeterWI, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  14. Fritzcoop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks everyone! I've moved into the next month and I can add a hurricane and my daughter's wedding to the list...ha ha. My poor wife looks like death warmed over. I can't bear to look at her because sadly she does seek pity. She intentionally makes herself look bad.
    Any way I really appreciate y'all. I'm meeting people in the gay community here. Also I know it's too early but I found someone that I really really like

musiclvr5 likes this.