1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am more confused now than I was before I came here.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Findmepls, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Findmepls

Findmepls New Member

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is tough enough to figure out my sexuality and gender, but add in all of the variants and classifications now and I am all over the map on who or what I may be. All of these terms I have never heard of some I have heard just don't understand. Why does it have to be so specific? It seems that depending on what you are thinking about at any particular moment could change your classification.
    I do understand the need for specificity in today's world but I just think about things like this and figure while I am here put it out there for other people to think about ...or not.

2. AnxiousJB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't need to be specific. Detach yourself from the labels. Just focus on who you are, and try to do so without judgment. Just accept attractions to whatever sex you feel comfortable being attracted to and you'll realise, and maybe one day you can say what you are without it seeming like a big thing.

out2019 likes this.
  3. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you call yourself if anything is up to you. People do like labels rightly or wrongly but so what. Other people’s opinion on your sexuality is none of their concern. Don’t allow it to cloud the vision of actually who you are! If you don’t like labels don’t label.

4. Omegduh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're very confused on how you are feeling, labels are usually the last thing to come. Sometimes when you're figuring things out, it's hard! I'm currently questioning once again myself (sexuality only, but did question gender as a teen). I'd suggest to focus and sort how you're feeling first, then figure out the label second. There are so many labels out there nowadays and it's easy to get caught up in them. I do too. Am I bisexual? Am I a lesbian? I dunno. Only time and reflecting on how you feel can help. Focus on how you feel now. And if you label yourself as one thing now and figure out you're something else, that's okay too!