1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Questions about Gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by yasmin02, Sep 29, 2020.

1. yasmin02

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am so sorry to post two days in a row without responding to other people's post but I had some questions:

1. How much does it cost for me to transition?
    2. To be healthy am I going to want to have a body-fat level like my birth sex or gender?
    3. At 17 am I already too late to look feminine? I am not muscly but I have a prominent jawline and brow and am 6 foot 1

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not know about all costs, therapy is a lot per hour but you don't have to be in therapy forever. Hair removal is a lot but laser is a lot less than electrolysis which is what I had to use. Hormones overall are not that expensive (relative to everything else). Feminization surgeries if you need them can be a lot and the last I heard about vaginoplasty was that it was more than triple what I spent on a house but I only heard that from one person (and I have not had it).

For health it does not matter that much which chart you use, keep your BMI in the middle range and you should be ok (20-23). Post hormones your weight will probably be a bit higher than a cis womas because you add the fat but also keep the heavier bone structure (the muscles will slowly reduce though it takes years)

I started hormones at 23 and I pass for cis even to medical personnel, however your mileage may vary. I know a number of cis women with strong jawlines. Many models are as tall as you. Granted it might be easier to pass if one is more petite (I am 162cm) but I know a number of passable trans women who are quite tall. Mannerisms and voice count for a lot.

jessie19 and yasmin02 like this.
  3. yasmin02

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks you are very helpful

4. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's never too late to start. I've seen people who are in their 30's when they started and look totally feminine. I also want to say there's no need to apologize for posting without commenting on others yet. If you need help we're here to help.

jessie19 likes this.