1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There are times when I think it would be nice to have family and/or friends to not accept me because

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Findmepls, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Findmepls

Findmepls New Member

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Because that would be better than not having family and/or friends.
    Then there are times when I realize that some things are just not for everyone.
    I read the comments and stories people write about family and friends whether it is about being accepted or not when they come out or worried what they will get when they do or even just the everyday irritation of daily life. I read these and I wonder what that truly feels like, to experience love and the range of emotions that go with it.
    I understand and empathize with the stories but I sometimes just get, for lack of a better word, jealous. Jealous of having someone you love that loves you ,friend, family or significant other.
    But there again I realize my record of failing relationships keeps me from finding that.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am sorry. I also watch other people who have accepting families or seemingly good relationships and get jealous. I wish that I had a better answer for you than "you are not alone"

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I leaned anything in almost 30 years of life it’s more to hide who you are than to face rejection. People have a way of finding things out as well and you only end up hurting yourself.

4. Findmepls

Findmepls New Member

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nothing to be sorry for. There is no answer or solution for this. I was merely bringing another point of view to the table. I am interested in all points of view and value responses good or bad to my thoughts that I transfer to the written form for you all to see. Thank you.

5. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh honey, your pain is powerful. (listening to Katy Perry “Roar” as I type this). Why not take an hour, day, week and be mad. Mad at universe, or whatever your belief system is, jealous of those who have what we all want. Scream, beat pillows—whatever you need to get out. Then take step back and decide how the book of you will be written. Pain like this does not just vanish so give it sometime. Use this site for support and any others where your feelings are safe and validated.
    Then, you are going to be able to sort through what it is you ultimately want.
    Keep us in the loop.
    ((momhugs))

PS I also like Chris Issak “Graduation Day”