1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning 30

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Sep 22, 2020.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am turning 30 this fall and have this idea I want to do to empower myself. I want to write 30 things about me that I gone through in life and learned from and It comes from witnessing loved ones die not being their true selves. I always wanted to leave this earth people knowing me for the person I really am and I assure this is not some death wish just something I feel in my heart I want to do and wanted perspectives on it.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes - sounds like a great idea :slight_smile:

Experiencing loss is awful, but really drives home that we all have a limited amount of time to live our lives. You grow through what you go through aha

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. Time flies. I remember when you were in your early 20s. :slight_smile:

I think this is a great idea. You might also use the opportunity to create a bucket list: 30 things that you want to accomplish in the next 5 years or something like that. Both gives you motivation from looking at what you've overcome, and gives you concrete goals to work toward.

4. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your idea is a really good one. I've got just over a year before my 30th. I admit I'll be sad to leave my 20's behind. One decade ends, and another one starts. Fingers crossed your 30's go well for you!

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That was not an easy birthday for me at all. I was going through something difficult and it had nothing to do with the magic even number 30.

It sounds like you're in a good place. I hope you are. To be thinking like this. I've usually set goals for the next month or two, for the next year or so, and for about five years out. It hasn't been to conquer someone or something. It usually has been to do something I want or complete something I postponed.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sure been through a lot in almost 30 years. If I am to do this I sure would want to make it not completely depressing. Of course I dear people’s reactions to it but something that I always been trying to work past. Not like I’m gonna give every little detail away.

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sure does and creating a bucket list would of course be another great idea.

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having been through so much i rather not of been through I am glad to move past it on a good note I learned a lot from the good and bad.

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really has nothing to with turning 30 specifically just that I been through a lot and want to do something that expresses the experiences I have had and the kind of future I want to have

10. LetsGoNow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm turning 30 next year. Well you have very high expectation. I hope I go through next year without having a huge mental breakdown lolololol.

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I decided against posting my life experiences it just sounds too cheesy to me. It's great to do in some ways but i don't want to seem like i am living in my past though i have a tendency to not forget anything. I think i am gonna stick to my main goal of being more authentic and honest with myself and others.

#11 dano218, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  12. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh children. Anyone under *number erased* is so young in my book. No, I am not a Grandma in her sixties or anything—sheesh :wink:
    Milestone birthdays give all of us a time to reflect and see if we are still on correct road. Just because we leave one group of numbers for another (20 to 30 example) does not mean we change. However, like the New Year it is good to try.
    I think a list (not a fan of bucket lists myself) of what good you have done is a great idea. I am an advocate for journaling—this form of that. So, go for it and don’t stop at thirty; one day when you are down that list will help get you through.
    And, because I am a stick in the mud: be careful deciding on how true to themselves someone else is/was. You do not want others to do that to you, guessing here, so don’t do it to others. If they spoke of it, yep, you got it; but it is wrong to make those assumptions about others.
    Now, to end on up note I look forward to hearing more about list and life in new decade. Please post!
    ((momhugs))