1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slowly accepting things!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Amy555, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Amy555

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! I'm 28 and probably a little late to the game, I've identified as bisexual since I was 15..but never did much to explore that.. But looking back I think I've known I was gay much longer. I think I figured if I ignored it it'll go away.. turns out it didn't work too well lol..
    It's taken a long time to get to this point and I still have a long way to go but eventually I'm sure I'll get there. Looking forward to using this group as I go, so relieved I've found somewhere like this, where I'm anonymous.

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

You’ve come to the right place. There are quite a few people here who have discovered their sexuality (relatively) later in life. I hope you enjoy EC and find the support that you’re looking for.

3. Songful

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, Amy555, and welcome! I have found EC to be a very friendly and supportive community. I hope that you find the forums to be helpful.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Amy, welcome to the community! Empty Closets is a great community and supportive place to continue figuring things out, becoming more comfortable with your sexual orientation. :slight_smile:

5. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Amy!!

Welcome to this wonderful community. I’m in the same situation as you pretty much. Also 28 & Identified as bi for many years but have known I’m gay and now identify as such!

Hope you find this forum as comforting as I have knowing there’s so many people in the same boat. Always happy to chat if you feel like it!

-Amz ❤️

6. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's never too late! Though I understand what the term gay meant and that I was gay at the age of 16, I fully accepted it and came out to a few supportive friends only at the age of 27. So don't worry about when you've started accepting yourself and accepting things. :slight_smile:. Welcome to EC!