1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender But No Dysphoria - How do I know?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CyroStorms, Sep 13, 2020.

1. CyroStorms

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’ve been seriously considering this for about 3 weeks now. I think I might be trans, but I don’t experience any significant dysphoria (although I have a mild dislike for my genitalia, I don’t think that can be considered out-of-the-ordinary). Instead, it’s more of a impression I would have been happier if I was born female, being allowed to say things without it sounding out-of-place, act differently and with more... appreciable assets? I’m nowhere near the entire makeup thing but I find people’s opinions on social norms to be troublesome. You could argue that they have no reason to judge you, but that doesn’t stop someone from judging you anyway and treating you differently.

I realise it’s ultimately futile to ask for a diagnosis per se, but I seek a bit of guidance here on how to better determine my preferred identity.

Thanks

2. CyroStorms

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just realised autocomplete had me name the post “transsexual” as opposed to “transgender”. Thought something was off there. Doesn’t appear to me an edit feature, but please rest assured that I understand the difference and that “transsexual” is deprecated terminology.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi CyroStorms, I would continue to experiment with how you would like to be perceived. Do you feel uncomfortable when you are referred to as male, or being seen as male? Or does this purely have to do with societal norms and what society expects of men and women? If you prefer a more feminine expression, it doesn't mean you're necessarily trans as there are feminine men and masculine women.

If it is the latter, there are plenty of people who do not abide by societal norms and are more effeminate (men) when speaking and acting. As you have only been questioning for about 3 weeks, I wouldn't be in a rush to try and find a label, but rather experiment with what you can. If you are questioning, try applying makeup to achieve a more feminine appearance, or ask some open-minded friends to call you female pronouns or name.

By the way, I have changed the title of the thread for you.

Albine likes this.
  4. Albine

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    great advice no time frame in which to figure this out