1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plushies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by solarcat, Aug 27, 2020.

1. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I recently ordered a little Eevee plushie online, and I'm wondering who else has plushies, or had them.

And also, do you call them plushies, stuffies, stuffed animals, or something else?

When I was little I had a ton of them on my bed, but then they moved to the top of the bookshelf. Sometime over the years I've moved twice, and they seem to have gone missing, except for two: a dog with a windup music box inside (which stopped working long ago) and a little ducky. Since then I've collected a few Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle dolls as birthday or christmas presents, a Pusheen plush, and a little Meowth.

I really need one in my bed though. I've always felt like I need something to hug, and I always felt bad about it, like I'm not allowed anymore since I'm a grown-up and plushies are for babies and little kids. But I've decided to give in and look for a nice plushie I can cuddle up with, since my cats won't let me cuddle them for too long.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here we call them stuffed animals!

I used to have a ton of stuffed animals (even for quite awhile when I was "older" and it was uncool). Now I just have 2-3 that I got from my grandparents when I was little :slight_smile:

3. deadseal

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    plushies all the way!! listen comrade, i literally ask all of my friends if they sleep with plushies. if they say no its over.

literally one of my favorite pieces of relationship advice ive ever given is "if they make you feel like you should hide your plushies, then ditch em. you dont need that kind of energy in your life."

4. Andrew7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have one, a Cactuar, since I've always been a fan of Final Fantasy games. I think plushies sounds best.

5. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one stuffed animal, who lives on a shelf in my bedroom. She’s a dog that I’ve had since I was a baby and she has been cuddled so much that her fluff is mostly gone, her eyes have worn away, her nose is chipped and her ears are tatty.

I used to have loads, but I’ve only kept my favourite and I might have a Hedwig somewhere.

6. Hypernova

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I called them plushies.

I had like 6 different Winnie the Pooh plushies when I was really young.
    The last one I had went missing after we left a hotel.
    I wonder what happened to it.

7. Loves books

I’ve always called them stuffed animals or teddies. I have a bear somewhere that I’ve had since I was born. It was a gift. I don’t know who gives a baby girl an ugly brown oddly shaped teddy bear that’s larger than them at the time but I’m pretty sure that person didn’t have kids. I’ve had other teddies through the years. I had a big horse that lay over my feet and was around for a few years. I had a cat that was on a small shelve in my room but the shelf is gone and I haven’t seen the cat in a while. My family wasn’t big on stuffed animals, my dog has three times as much as all three kids put together. Including a really nice unicorn and what my dad refers to as the gay toy, a rainbow striped monkey. I like my dogs stuffed animals more than mine. My dog ripped apart a stuffed dog my sister claimed to be attached to. That Christmas I bought a cute stuffed dog wrapped it up and put a label in it that said it was from my dog.

8. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I have alot of smaller ones and 2 big ones. I like to spell them as Plushy in english, it sounds cuter.

#8 Fishtail, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  9. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually call them teddies. Even if they're not bears.

I have a turquoise-coloured bear that I've had since I was 3. I have a panda my family bought me from a car-boot sale. And I have a small chubby pink pig which was my brother's and he didn't want to keep it.

They're all bundled away in the sideboard next to my bed.

10. malinconia

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've got a small horde of hippo plushies all shoved behind the pillows on my bed and a queen hippo plush that's gigantic and moves wherever is most convenient to have her.

11. Eboni

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome plushies are so amazing I don't see them as an age thing though

12. KaiOfBees

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Growing up I must have had close to a hundred. My grandmother gave most of them away when I left there. I had gotten into a habit of buying myself a few too many "gift" stuffies when I suddenly moved and didn't have room to bring them with. Now I just have two teddies, a husky pup, and a tiny dino. They are very important to my mental stability in the middle of a crisis.

I grew up calling them stuffed animals, but now I usually refer to them as stuffies.

13. Jameeees

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have loads. I have one that I have since I was little called doggie I still need him to sleep sometimes haha. I don't know what id do without him