1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine Trans Man?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BatFreak, Aug 25, 2020.

1. BatFreak

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I’m a nonbinary trans man and I’ve been out for like 4 years now but I’m still not super secure in my identity I guess. I just like being feminine and dressing feminine and feminine stuff. I know there’s nothing wrong with being a boy and liking feminine things but I still can’t help but feel bad about it. Any advice?

whatisaman likes this.
  2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Men are allowed to be feminine, even if they're straight. That applies to all men, including trans men. You're just gender nonconforming, and that's totally valid.

I'm a NB trans girl, and I like some boyish stuff. The only reason I don't want to wear my more masculine stuff is because I don't want to be seen as a guy when I go out, but most of my clothes and interests are sort of masculine and feminine, and that's okay.

jessie19, Mihael and BatFreak like this.
  3. BatFreak

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you!

whatisaman and solarcat like this.
  4. JessNC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Batfreak, no reason you shouldn't enjoy being and dressing fem. If this brings you pleasure or even satisfaction then it is something worth doing. It can be daunting for a man to venture into the fem arena given how many cultural roadblocks there are out there. But someone that can range across the masc/fem divide (even if we don't buy into this divide in some ways) is someone the world needs.

5. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a cis male friend who has cross dressed publicly just for fun and expresses an interest in continuing to do so on occasion. I was also married to a nonbinary trans guy who dressed in a wide range of presentations. While normally they were fairly androgynous they sometimes wore fairly feminine things. I also have a transfeminine friend who most often dresses stereo-typically masculine and even sometimes grows a beard. I don't believe that people should be judged for which section of the store their clothes come from, they should simply wear what is comfortable for them.

Part of the thing about being nonbinary is that you don't have to stick with one presentation or another. Though I cannot deny that some people might judge you for it.

As far as advice, you should probably just work on not caring what others think that you should do or how they think that you should live or present. I know this is not easy, it is something that I am still working on.

whatisaman and gravechild like this.
  6. BatFreak

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry for the late reply, but thank you so much! This made me feel a lot better!

whatisaman likes this.