1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s your honest opinion on the coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Mar 22, 2020.

1. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good point! There’s no question that masks specifically designed for medical use would work well (if used correctly).

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry if I came across too strongly. As long as our countries & the citizens do what keeps the most amount of people safe, then that's ultimately all that really matters :slight_smile:

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh no worries! You didn’t. And absolutely, agreed.

4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Until such a time as an effective treatment or vaccine is found we all need to be responsible. Coronavirus is real, it's here and it's a killer. Even if we are minded to be irresponsible with our own health and wellbeing, we should at least be a courteous citizen and do what is asked of us to protect the physical and emotional wellbeing of other people. Coming up with myriad excuses just makes you seem like an utter twat.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate to be a pessimist but I don’t think Covid is ever going to be brought under control in the United States. Half the country thinks that masks are part of Agenda 21 and the New World Order, and that same half of the country will refuse to get the vaccination once it comes out because their right-wing conspiracy theory pages on Facebook told them that it has a microchip in it.

America has always been an ignorant, uneducated, bigoted, backwards, selfish, racist, conservative country and it always will be. We can’t have universal health care (which would have saved many lives during the pandemic) because that would benefit people who are the wrong color. It is now the opinion of half the country that we should sacrifice the lives of our most vulnerable populations so that they can go drink at their favorite bar. We’re truly fighting two pandemics: Coronavirus and weaponized stupidity.

Look at how many people are demanding that schools reopen when every university that has started in-person classes has seen an outbreak. This is why I’m quite disappointed in my alma mater, which moved students into the dorms this weekend with no social distancing or protective measures because they don’t want to lose the room and board revenue. What’s worse is that the longer it goes on and the more protective measures are in place, the less people are going to be willing to cooperate. This will cause spikes and outbreaks in localized areas and people will then go spread it elsewhere and cause another outbreak there.

If you don’t believe me, consider this. Remember that ass clown college student on the beach in Florida who looked into a TV camera and said in all seriousness, “If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day it’s not going to stop me from partying.” The backlash was so swift and so severe that he had to delete all of his social media accounts. Yet one month later, heavily-armed protesters showed up at state capitols across the country saying exactly that.

And for the record, it’s not as simple as “live or die” when someone brings up the death rate. For every death, 19 survivors require hospitalization, and most suffer from permanent lung damage as a result of Covid. Doctors describe it as like having solid concrete in your lungs.

The worst part is that this is mostly killing poor people, minorities, and old people, the most vulnerable in our society. If Covid were only killing the keyboard warriors who cuss out the Walmart greeter because they refuse to wear a mask then I’d say good for them. One thing is for sure: it’s not going to get any better until we elect a new president. Keep that in mind when you fill out your ballot.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. Biden and Harris said national mandate masks if they are elected. I’m so tired of trump. I was even thinking of volunteering on Election Day at a polling place maybe.