1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardian, Protector and Soulmate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by random143, Aug 29, 2020.

1. random143

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, Is it possible to find a guardian, protector and soulmate in same person? And if I think I have found someone, can I trust him blindly?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Having been in many abusive situations, I don't think you should trust anyone blindly.

As far as guardian, protector and soulmate - to me it sounds like you are head over heels in love. All the more reason to not trust blindly. All I have ever wanted to find was an equal partner.

3. random143

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have known this person since past 12 years, and he is always nice to me. I know he is gay but he never been sexually intimate with me or even tried to be. He is just romantically intimate with me. I am not sure should I take first step but I am afraid that it just something imagination of my mind and my relationship may got affected.

4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is something entirely different than trusting them blindly.

You need to consider the possibility that his response will be something like "no thank you" or "I don't think of you that way" or maybe even more negative though I doubt since you say he has always been nice that he would be nasty about it. Would you be able to take it if he declined? Could you stay friends or romantic partners? Is the risk worth the gain? If you think it is then why not go ahead and ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Taken at face value the words guardian and protector don't really fit the model of a healthy, balanced relationship. Where are you coming from when you talk about somebody being your guardian and/or protector? What exactly does that mean to you?

I also note from your profile that you are 15, so I would caution you against making strong advances towards this other person right now.

6. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really wish that someone sat me down and explained to me growing up that other people are not responsible for my feelings. The concept of a soulmate is not a healthy one in a real world relationship. It's unrealistic and unfair to expect other people to be so much.

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe that there are people out there that we just click with naturally (both platonically for friends and romantic). But to me soulmates implies that they are THE ONE and there is ONLY one of them for you, which can potentially encourage putting up with stuff when you deserve better. Because they are supposedly the only for you for.

And I think a healthy relationship involves both people having the other's backs through the mundane and through the rough stuff. But one person shouldn't be the designated protector, and you shouldn't be expecting them to always "protect" you from absolutely everything. That seems unhealthy to me.

For the trust...Respect is something I think should be given until proven wrong. Trust is the flip of that - its worked on and eventually you trust them with huge things because they've proven not to let you down with the smaller things.

8. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can't expect so much from a single person, even if it's your significant other or your family. That's too much for someone to handle..