1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings To One All. (Newbie here)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Obsidian3, Aug 23, 2020.

?

Coffee, Tea or Both

1. Coffee

11.1%
  2. Tea

44.4%
  3. Both

44.4%
  1. Obsidian3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Everyone,
    I hope you are all doing well in the midst of this crazy pandemic. I am very excited to be here in this awesome community. My name's Obsidian, I am originally from Mexico but I currently reside in Atlanta, Georgia USA. I have come out to a few friends and family members, i have always wanted to feel like I belong somewhere and,even though this is an online community, i feel like this is a great starting point. I don't consider myself antisocial or anything like that, I am very timid when it comes to meeting new people and i have a very hard time starting a conversation with someone.

My main purpose for being here in the EC community is for me to learn from others and to heed the advice from the pros lol. I believe in collective intelligence and i believe that all of us have something to share. I am also wanting to make online friends whether it's local or abroad i am open to befriend anyone that welcomes me into their virtual space. :grin:

I am a lover of all things nature, I love mother earth and I try to appreciate every time i have when it comes to hiking, walking or jogging. I also like to have picnics at a state park or next to a river.

I have a beautiful four legged furry baby her name's Bella. She is a very sweet dog and she's so energetic and loving.

I am a coffee lover, but i also love tea when i am winding down after work or just to have a moment of stillness. What is your favorite kind of coffee? Do you like cold iced coffee or the traditional hot coffee? Whenever I go to Starbucks, I end up ordering the same kind of drink a hot Caramel Macchiato Upsidedown with an Extra Shot. I want to change things up and i want your help. Do you go to Starbucks often? If so, would you care to share what kind of drink you get? But, it has to be coffee haha!

This pretty much sums it up for me. Ask away if you have any questions, I'd be happy to reply!

Sorry for the long intro. If you guys want to connect, well, here i am. If you made it so far reading every bit of my intro - i thank you haha. I hope to connect with all you!

Love Is All,
    ♥ Obsidian ♥
    Where To Next - Obsidian.JPG

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Obsidian. :wave: Thanks for introducing yourself. :slight_smile:
    What kind of dog is Bella?
    I'm more of a tea guy myself. I love coffee, but tea is much more pleasant to me.

This is a great community, and I hope you like it here. :thumbsup:

3. Obsidian3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much for such a warm welcome!
    Bella is half Pomeranian and half American Skimo. :slight_smile:

4. KevCO

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi and welcome. I think you're so right to come and learn from other people's experiences. It's gotta be weird to be anyone on here... It makes the world feel more comfortable to see others doing their own unique thing.

5. Obsidian3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you KevCo. I really enjoy reading so many posts and threads, specially when the subject is something so strong, and personal. Kudos to those who share so much.
    And, yes, i love to see and learns many different perspectives, and points of views of people. Like Gandhi once said: "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    Thanks again for your warm welcome.
    ~Love is All.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the community Obsidian. I am sure being part of Empty Closets will provide you with opportunities to learn from others and also share your own experiences and story.

I drink both coffee and tea, though if I were to pick one over the other, it definitely would be the traditional hot coffee or Latte when I get my coffee at Starbucks or another coffee shop. I do like drip coffee, especially if it is an organic medium or dark roast, with whole milk . :slight_smile:

7. Obsidian3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Mirko, good evening i hope this message finds you well. Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Also, thank you for letting me know about what you like to get from Starbucks or other coffee shops! I will definitely get it on my next visit. Take care :slight_smile:

~Love Is All,

8. Hemant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi. I like tea and coffee both. As per my native culture I am used to have tea with milk as whitener. For coffee I like both forms hot and cold equally mostly homemade.

9. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome.

I also love getting out into nature.

I very rarely drink coffee but when I did I usually had it iced and with very little added to it. There are not any Starbucks near where I live and even when I lived in the states my friends and I would usually go to other coffee shops in town when we met to discuss things. I drink more tea, different flavored versions (like earl grey) and when I go out with people it is usually herbal tea.

10. Obsidian3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Homemade is always the best! Specially when you know how to make it and add your special touch to it. Thanks for your insight! :slight_smile:

11. Obsidian3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm how lovely. Do you have any special infusions for tea. I love tea, when it comes for me to have a moment of Zen and stillness in my life. Speaking for myself, i'd say i live a very hectic work schedule, so winding down with my favorite tea is like my taste buds have gone to heaven with a side trip to paradise lol. Thanks so much for your insight!

♥ Love Is All♥
    Obsidian

12. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nothing special, in the morning I will drink a packaged flavored white tea or earl grey, normally while doing some reading. The herbals are simply chamomile or mint, I have tried a few packaged infusions (different flowers and such) but the ones that I have found tend to taste too strong for me.