1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever dyed your hair?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Aug 2, 2020.

1. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never got my hair dyed and I probably won't do it in the future. I like my natural hair colour (brown) . But, who knows? Never say never. :wink:

2. Halolala

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have naturally dark hair that doesn't handle bleaching very well, so never had any really bright colours - except for red. The only time I had pastel hair was when I was wearing fake hair extensions.

3. Sophia04

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have only chalked my hair up to this point but I'm planning on dyeing the ends dark purple sometime soon.

4. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first year of college I dyed it blue for a rave if that counts. I looked both kinda cool and very weird at the same time.

5. Andrew7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    After I became friends with a hairdresser she convinced me to let her give me blonde highlights over my dark brown hair. I've never gone back since.

6. Hypernova

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never wanted too, but my sister says that depressed people in quarantine are doing it so maybe I will

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    PatrickUK.....Yes several times. My natural hair color is blond. I've colored it black twice when I was playing the King of Siam in "The King And I". I didn't really want everyone to compare me to Yul Brenner so I didn't shave my head, just colored me hair and had a black pony tail attached for a different look compared to his. The first time I played the lead in "South Pacific" (Emile DeBeck), I was only 22. Since the character is 50ish I had my hair dyed black again with white highlites put in my hair. For a fund-raiser at the high school I taught at I colored my hair half bright green and half bright red for one day just before Christmas vacation. I used Coolaid drink mix to do it so all day I could smell lime and cherry from the Coolaid! Now that I'm almost 70 (next month ) my hair is completely white
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

8. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I considered doing some bright crazy color but never have. For about a year I dyed it an Auburn/Red, many people thought it looked good on me. I stopped because it was damaging my already weak hair. My hair is now a natural brown which lightens to totally blonde when I get lots of sun and is starting to really show grey.

9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    PatrickUK.....One other time I forgot about...actually the most important experience! Three years ago my wife and I with my oldest son, his wife and his four kids (3 boys, 1 girl) all went to Disneyland. A few days before we left I had a hair appointment. I was feeling unusually brave so I had the stylist put blue (favorite color) streaks in the front of my completely white hair. I'll be 70 next month but I am blessed with a full head of hair and I usually keep it medium-long. I got some raised eyebrows from family and friends, but I've always had a reputation for doing unusual things. ...that was one of the ways that I secretly expressed my gayness over the years as "artsy" people are known for that kind of thing...I am a musician and a band director for 41 years. Over the span of three days while at Disney, and wandering on my own, I saw several folks that I though were gay..I smiled at them and got a thumbs-up in return! The best was a couple of guys in matching, loud Hawaiian shirts. They were about 25 years old and were holding hands. I approached near them and smiled their direction, they smiled back and said that they liked my hair. I said I liked their shirts and asked where they got them. We ended up in a great conversation and even sat down at a table in one of the out-door eateries and had a super time talking. For me at least it was a wonderful experience to find two complete strangers that I could connect with and share stories. It made the whole trip worth it for me!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

10. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have never dyed my hair. I like my natural color so I have never wanted to change it, plus the whole dyeing process just seems like a hassle and can be a short term messup I'd have to live with if I did it wrong.

#30 BothWaysSecret, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  11. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I have:
    Green, purple, red, burgundy, blue, indigo, crimson, black.

These are just the colours I can recall.

12. Awydd

Awydd Guest

Started out blond, green, blue then pastel pink.... I miss the pink. I was making the most of having money and being in art school. :smile:

13. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ive had about every color from natural to monster energy green. They all pair well with mohawks and liberty spikes. Im a skinhead now (punk, not racist) so its hard to dye my hair now

14. bluemohawk

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, hence the username lol...
    I've had every color and combination you can think of (but I've gone blue the most)
    Why did I dye it?
    Probably to bring internal feelings onto an external plane.
    I stopped for a while because I was bullied (people thought I was a "snowflake"/ "trender" and harassed me until I dyed it black)

15. RadRach

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I use to have blonde highlights when it was a trend. It looked good in the beginning and then just started to look bad and it fried my hair. I went with my natural color for maybe a year or so and then I dyed it red because someone I looked up to had red hair at one point. I love it and still dye my hair red almost 3 years later.

16. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve hair so many times. Blue has always been my favorite. I actually have blue in my hair right now it’s a bright blue. It’s a nice contrast to my jet black hair. Thankfully because of the covid we have a bit of a relaxed dress code right now.

17. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been thinking about it for a while now, but I haven't dyed my hair. Mainly because it seems to be a whole lot more complicated than I'd originally anticipated.

Perhaps I'll go for a more natural temporary method, I do like my hair already but I want some kind of change in my appearance.

Especially my wardrobe-- I hate most of my clothes and only wear some of the stuff because others like it. I have only started caring recently about how I present myself.

#37 Canterpiece, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  18. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was younger I was forever going different shades of blond. I have sort of medium to light brown hair. I remember once I was describing someone I was dating to my Mother and said that his hair was the color mine is naturally. My Mother looked me in the eye and said "I don't know what color your hair is naturally." LOL. Haven't felt the need in a long time.

19. Hemant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From this year of my life dyeing my hairs has become my natural requirement as greying has started.