1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First dream as trans -- mean anything?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JessNC, Aug 15, 2020.

1. JessNC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been working with my therapist on what being trans (mtf) means for me for several months. This follows a long period of intermittent thinking and actions on my own. In the past weeks I have shared this journey with my longtime life partner (female) for the first time. It has been largely positive but quite emotiinal, at times overwhelming.

Well, for the first time I had a dream in which I was presenting as female. And in the dream I was surprised at my presentation but also reassured. I've never dreamed about transition or identity before. Interpreting dreams is a bit like walking through jell-o but it felt like I was opening a door in some way.

Anybody have dreamlife experiences while transitioning? Or have any thoughts about mine?

Silver101 and Phoenix92 like this.
  2. Jaylah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I either dream about living as a woman or transitioning into one all the time. Pretty much every time I go to sleep.
    You gave so few details about your dream that it's hard to tell anything about it, but it sounds like your subconscious is trying to nudge you a certain way. I recommend keeping a dream diary, and if you need help with interpreting with dream symbols try writing them all down in the left margin, and then through free association writing what thoughts or feelings they awaken in you.

Good luck on your journey of self discovery,
    Joanna

Phoenix92 likes this.
  3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Honestly, my gender almost never comes up in my dreams. Even before transitioning, before even questioning, I was just "me". My physical form and gender almost never came up. Except for this one weird dream I had, where I was an assassin who looked kind of like Tifa Lockheart, which made me feel pretty happy.

Phoenix92 likes this.
  4. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the months leading up to the start of my transition, I had dreams of me spending my life with a beautiful woman. It was after I had my “this is me” moment where I realized said beautiful woman was me.

JessNC likes this.