1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am tired of my sweaty pits

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BothWaysSecret, Aug 1, 2020.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My underarms sweat too much. I apply antipersperant everyday and it still doesnt help.

Hell, even today I had to change my shirt because I sweat right through the first one. Applied a fresh coat of antiperspirant and here I am a few hours later with drenched pits again. Thank God both shirts were only pajama/old shirts that I only wear around the house.

But the problem even persists at work. I will come home with pit sweat stains every day from work. Even after applyin antiperspirant in the morning before I go

I am extremely tired of this issue and need help. Any advice would be appeciated.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what sort of temperatures you are experiencing over there right now, but we do have to bear in mind that it is summer time.

All that aside, excess sweating (which may be diagnosed as hyperhidrosis) can be a really difficult issue to live with and can leave us feeling very self conscious and embarrassed.

One treatment that does work for some people is botox in combination with a medically recommended antiperspirant, but you should seek advice first before going down this route.

This information page from the UK NHS may be worth reading https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/excessive-sweating-hyperhidrosis/

3. Really

Hey there. Here’s my tip. If you don’t already have some, get a couple of t-shirts meant for running or some other sweaty endeavour. I swear it’ll help. Maybe make them a bit tighter than you’d normally wear (if you prefer your shirts loose) because they really do wick away the sweat. I was hospitalized once for a few days with a fever due to an infection and woke up each morning drenched in sweat. Once I was released, it kept happening for a few days and it occurred to me to put one of my running shirts on underneath my pyjama top and what a difference! Give it a shot. :}

Here’s a bit of the shirt science explained.

4. Ballplayer

Ballplayer Guest

If you're sweating like that at work without doing any physical activity then it sounds like a medical condition.

5. Loves books

I sweat a lot too but I was given a gift of one of those sports t-shirts and it was a game changer.

6. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a girl who had the exact same problem as you. She is on the botox treatment that PatrickUK talks about: she gets injections in her armpits every few weeks or months (I’m not sure). I know it has helped her get rid of the issue, so perhaps you can ask your doctor about it? He may also want to rule out any other possible causes first.