1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i’m falling for my friend of 9 years..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by angel s, Jul 23, 2020.

1. angel s

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    we’ve been friends since we were tiny and she recently came out as bi. my feelings shifted about two years ago when we were messing around and she accidentally kissed me on the cheek. all i could think about for the rest of the day was wanting her to do it again. i don’t want to ruin our friendship but just seeing her puts my heart in overdrive. she makes me feel free and complete but if i drive her away i would never forgive myself.

2. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I have two comments about this. First, your friend can decide at any time to end your friendship for any reason. You can't control what she does. So, why not try for the best relationship imaginable?
    Second, friendships can and do survive unwanted romantic advances. The key is how you behave if your friend isn't interested in a romantic relationship: you never bring it up again, give yourself some time apart to recover from the rejection (it always hurts, it's ok to wallow for awhile), and focus your romantic energies elsewhere. If you've been getting your social-time rather exclusively from your friend, it's time to find some new activity or online date or something to meet new people.

Or skip the asking-out, leave the friendship a friendship, and focus your romantic energies elsewhere. Works the same as above. The feelings can fade, if you give them time to be felt, and give yourself room to be distracted.

Good luck <3