1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uncertain

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Neptune09, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Neptune09

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I want to share my story about this.

When I was in high school, it never really occurred to me that I had to concern myself about identities, orientations, and whatnot. Although it somehow boggled me why most, if not almost all, my classmates were preoccupied with romance and crushes. I started reading romance novels and fan fiction stories at that time as well.

While the stories were interesting, I never really could understand what caused the characters to be attracted to each other. Maybe because I had never experienced attraction myself. My only resource about those things were the stories and novels I read. Then, like all things, I got desensitized of the traditional relationship of man and woman, and explored other genre--where I landed at female-female relationships.

Until now, I find them more interesting to read. Traditional pair was boring and too cliche. Could that even be used as a guide for my orientation though? Although I am not that naive enough to believe that that just it.

From my observations though, I mostly found myself looking at females. However, after looking for a bit, my rational mind would come in and everything was back to normal again. To elaborate on that last statement, it is more like I observe them with detachment: what is it that attracted me to her? is it the legs? is it the athletic built? Then... nothing.

I might not have been explaining myself enough, but I just wanted to know if some of you had a similar experience.

Thank you,
    Neptune09

2. arson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! So I haven't had an experience similar to that, but I know that people (if this is what you're going through) being confused/disgusted by hetero couples to the point where they start to question their sexuality because of it is a very normal thing. Not understanding the attraction between males and females is completely normal, and for a lot of people it's really foreign.
    It honestly doesn't really matter if you've had a crush on a specific female yet- sometimes you just know these things. :slight_smile: If you find yourself attracted to women and actually understanding woman-woman attraction, screw everything else. You know who you are! :slight_smile:
    Good luck!