1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out to my dad!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sparky2002, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Sparky2002

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Everyone. So about 4 months ago I came out to my mom. I always knew she was going to be fine with it because whenever I brought up like relationships or my friends dating she would be like "Your future boyfriend or girlfriend will be awesome!" I told her not to tell my dad because I wanted to tell him. Anyways I didn't know how my dad would react. He owns 6 guns and is kind of Repiblican and is a little sexist at times. However, I didn't know how much longer quarantine would last and it was horrible hiding. I kept trying to hint it like leaving stuff like does she like me back for LGBT quizzes on my computer and wearing a raianbow bracelet. I thought he was just being an idiot because he seemed to not notice it all. Yesterday, me and my dad went ona walk and I came out to him! I was extremely nervous but I figured if he was a jerk about it, my mom would stand up for me. Anyways, he said there was nothing I could tell him that would make him feel any different about me. He also said he knew for a while now and he did notice the obvious things I was trying to plant, he just wanted to hear it from me! I am so relieved!

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Fantastic that it went so well, must be a weight off your mind. :slight_smile:

Bisurprise and Sparky2002 like this.
  3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Wonderful that coming out to your dad went so well and that he waited for you to be ready to let him know. :slight_smile:

Bisurprise and Sparky2002 like this.
  4. Bisurprise

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Always great to hear a happy story :blush: you're strong for taking that leap forward! (My parents would've jumped me for leaving even one hint like you did lmaoo)

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So happy for you

Bisurprise likes this.