1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open ended

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jaimequestions, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Jaimequestions

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone.

I am writting because I am wanting to find out what made you realize you were gay? I identify as bi-curious. Women have turned me on and men have turned me on.

Have a great day.
    Peace and Love

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, it was a variety of different things and a slow realisation, rather a single thing or moment. As an example, I can remember thinking about my future and the thought of having only relationships with men felt really dull and bleak. My relationship with my (male) ex also felt very much like going through the motions. Both of those were significant factors in realising that I was actually gay.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me I suddenly realised that my lack of real motivation towards guys was more than being shy and that I was enjoying watching lesbian themed TV dramas more than the average straight girl.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey @Inlife88.

I'm not gay. I'm actually Bi, but I do have a definite same-sex attraction (to males). For me, there was no singular event, however, over time, I realized that more males involuntarily 'caught my eye' than females. It was also extremely confusing because, at the time, I thought that I HAD to be either straight or gay. So, my continued, clear sexual attraction to some females had me feeling like a freak of nature. In your case, I would simply advise you to trust your own heart. Putting a label on your sexuality (while potentially comforting from a personal point of view) actually matters far less than the fact that you are comfortable with yourself and are open to whatever your feelings may be towards any given individual (regardless of their gender).

My 2cents.

QuantumReality