1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Movies or Books

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revive, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Revive

Revive Guest

Hey folks!

Does anybody know any movies or books or anything that positively portraits bisexual or pansexual characters?
    I'm struggling to find one, especially in books. If I find any recommendations I will make sure to post here too!

Thanks <3

2. xenu

If you play the Walking Dead games from Telltale, the protagonist can be bisexual in the last game. Mass Effect is well known for the ability to start relationships with same gender characters. The Vampire Chronicles are heavily gay/bisexual.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My time has come.
    • All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens Throughout the Ages edited by Saundra Mitchell - This book is an anthology of short stories so there's a wide range of representation included.
    • Trials of Apollo series by Rick Riordan - You should just read all of Rick's books because they're fantastic but I'm mentioning these specifically because Apollo is pansexual. Relationships with men and women are mentioned equally.
    • Shades of Magic trilogy by V.E. Schwab - I can't recommend this trilogy enough.
    • Dread Nation and Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland - Avoid if you don't like zombies. The main character is bisexual.
    • The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth E. Wein - This is the prequel to Code Name Verity, one of my favorite books of all-time. Julie's sexuality isn't addressed in CNV but this book confirms her to be bi.
    • Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy - This is just a really queer-positive book with a lot of queer characters written by queer writers.
    • Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuisiton - This is the gay romcom that we need in the world right now.
    • I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver - Non-binary MC with bisexual love interest. I low-key think every teenager should be required to read this book.
    There are a lot of queer releases right now so I could probably go on for another ten minutes, but these are all the ones that I've personally read and enjoyed.

4. Revive

Revive Guest

Thank you both!! I'll definitely get a closer look at those books.

5. Loves books

The Unleashed series by Erik Schubach has a Bisexual as a main character. However the series starts with her falling for her lesbian detective roommate and their relationship continues through the rest of the series. It’s also worth the read, the name of the series sounds like a fantasy but the main character is a dog walker. The first book is the case of the collie flour.
    Lost Girl was a good TV show with a bisexual succubus as its main character. She has relationships with both men and women but also a lot of one night stands. Definitely not for a younger audience.

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee -- historical YA with a bisexual lord main character

Autoboyography by Cristina Lauren -- I don't know how to fully explain it but look it up because it is absolute adorable and an easy recommendation from me

7. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Running With Lions is good too! The main character is bi.

8. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I second this! The book kind of flies under the radar but it is sooooo good!

9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recently read Giovanni's Room and loved it. Despite being written in the 50's I thought it was really well done. (Kinda iffy if the main character is gay or bi)

#9 HM03, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  10. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Leah on the Offbeat, but that whole series is still good and I highly reccommend it.

11. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Cut both Ways, more of a teenage struggle with the main character being torn between his girlfriend and his best friend. Not written perfectly but not bad either, just my opinion.

12. Shivani

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the main character is definitely bi even though he never explicitly says it, he feels attraction to both his fiancé and Giovanni. Also one of my favourite books ever, Baldwin is amazing

13. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Deposing Nathan by Zack Smedley

VERY good and a lot of the focus is on discovering identity and what it means to be bisexual.

14. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In terms of videogames, I know Fable 2 and 3 allow you to pair up with pretty much anyone (well, provided their orientation allows for it. All of the NPCs have varying orientations, personalities, etc.)

Definitely going to be taking advantage of these book recs, though! ^^