1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realizing I'm Probably Bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EC User421, Jul 21, 2020.

1. EC User421

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a 30 year old man and I've identified as Gay since I was 18, but I've been having a bit of internal conflict recently because over the past year or so I've started fantasizing about some women as well as men. But the attraction to women is strictly sexual, I couldn't ever see myself being romantically attracted to women. So I guess I'm Bisexual to some degree? I'm sure I've probably felt this way for a long time it's just only recently I've allowed myself to accept that's what I'm feeling? Maybe I'm just overthinking things. It's just a little bit jarring to me because I've spent so many years identifying as only being attracted to men and being gay that it feels like I'm coming out all over again. I guess I'm just looking for validation that my new found identity is valid and to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.

qtp likes this.
  2. kershaw1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, im in similar situation.
    if u want to PM and message we can talk

3. Kevins1197

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m the opposite always said I’m straight but actually bi but really think I might be gay

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's likely you are somewhat bisexual. According to the (not ideal) studies that have been done, only a small portion of the population is firmly at one end of the spectrum or the other, and everyone else is somewhere on the continuum.

I know people who are "gay except for ________" where ________ is a woman, and I know people who are the opposite. At the end of the day, someone who makes you happy - mentally, emotionally, sexually - is what's important.

qtp and BiGemini87 like this.
  5. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a pretty good chance you're bi to some degree, yes. Bisexuality is seldom (if ever) 50/50, so it might just be that you have a stronger attraction to men over women. I've also heard of cases where someone who identifies as monosexual (straight or gay) has had that one person of the same/opposite sex they were attracted to/felt a romantic connection to, and experienced it at no other time.

qtp likes this.