1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by an6824, Jul 23, 2020.

1. an6824

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know where else to start so I just will. I first knew there were something off with me when I was sneaking around wearing my moms clothes when I was a little little kid. That turned into a lifelong obsession with being feminine, . Unfortunately at the time there was no trans anything. When I was 16 i got on to a dial up site that was only trans and those who supported them. Again, for me this was a day late and a dollar short. Short story, back then there were no avenues or like minded people that one could find to talk to.

I continued to live a closet life, even having kids (who I adore more than anything). I can speak to the horrors that one sees when living a fake life trying to be someone who you really aren't. I was laid off from work 12 years ago and that started me on an extremely dark road of almost drinking myself to death, trying to come to grips with why my life was so wrong. I was and am very successful, along with being gifted with quite a bit of intelligence, however, not in this department.

I am hoping to find some friends here that I can talk to. There are lots more details but that is me in a nutshell.

So,

Hi everyone! Hows that?

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, welcome to EC! I’m sure there were trans people at the time but they weren’t very visible. :frowning2:

I think you’ll find a lot of like minded folks around here, please do take a look around and post! Maybe in Gender Identity?

I hope you find the forum friendly and fun - be sure to let the staff know if we can be of any help.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, An. As Spartan has mentioned, you may find like-minded people in the Gender Identity and Expression sub-forum.

Also, just a side note, Male (trans*) refers to FtM, whereas Female (trans*) refers to as MtF, if you were born male but transitioning to female. It’s always what you identify as. :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets. Please feel free to share your experience on the forum and engage in discussions, which might help you to find ways to start opening the door to being yourself.