1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmares about being outted (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bisurprise, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Bisurprise

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get these nightmares from time to time, my most recent one was me just looking at my insta feed and my dad walking behind me and seeing that I stopped on a photo of a female insta model. He flips his shit and he asks me why "do I have pictures of girls on my phone", and then he taked my phone and then keeps scrolling to find gay memes and more girls. He asked if I was attracted to girls, and I said no at first but then he kept pressing on and I said "fine, I'm bisexual, I like girls, too".
    Buuuut my dad then goes onto say that it doesn't exist, and I'm just gay, and I'm lying to everyone and even my boyfriend (lol wut).
    It seemed like a possibly normal reaction (if it came to that) because I can't predict my parents, it depends on their mood that day if they will choose to be explosive over little things. I woke up almost in a cold sweat, so glad that didn't happen and chuckled at how ridiculous the reason was, kindof.
    Anyways, have you all experienced some before? Anyone care to share their dream/reason?

2. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes this has happened. This takes place many times.

dream 1: I was in church and right in the middle of the sermon, the pastor ask me why I'm a lesbian. My pastor says how could you deny God's message. Pastor tells me that I was warned and will now suffer the consequences. Everyone in church is hearing this.

dream 2: I'm in my home and I kiss a woman. Then by magic, we are outside and all of my neighbors are seeing me.

dream 3: I'm in class and my fellow classmates keep asking me if I'm a lesbian and I say no, but they say that they know that I'm a lesbian and that they will tell my teacher.

Bisurprise likes this.
  3. Bisurprise

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    whoa, I notice that they usually take place in front of authority figures. :disappointed_relieved: It does grind my gears how these people can get into our heads and influence our ability to just BE, you know?

4. Sparky2002

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had a dream where someone from my school hacks my phone and read my texts where I come out to my friend and where I talk about my huge crush on my friend to her. Then everyone in the school knows that I'm lesbian and my crush thinks I'm super weird and all my friends think i like them and avoid me. Also Bisurprise, if you do come out to your dad, you should provide him with resources about bisexuality. When my friend came out to me as bi (the same one I was texting about my crush to) and since she's my best friend and she's always over and my house and stuff, and since my mom is super cool with me, she wanted me to tell my mom she was bi. My mom orginally thought she was just gay but then I showed an article about it and now she understands it.

Bisurprise likes this.
  5. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is so true. We really fear how people in positions of authority will treat us if they knew about our gender i.d/sexuality. Although my whole family is homophobic, I'm scared of telling my parents and older brothers. My younger brother is super homophobic, but I wouldn't be afraid of telling him. I don't tell him because I fear we would tell me family.

Bisurprise likes this.
  6. Bisurprise

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If anything, my mom would be more apt to understand because she's talked with us when we were all super young about how if we turn out to be gay, just let her know and she'll support us. Bisexuality... it's a bit different. I can totally understand the confusion, and I'm in a committed straight relationship. If anything it would bring confusion to her (same if I was in a gay relationship and I came out, she would have "hope" that I would one day "go straight again").
    My dad is a mystery there, he had bad experiences with gay men and women growing up in his country, so he has this unrelenting stigma that I honestly don't blame him for. If I went through half the stuff he did, I would feel more hatred for gay people and repress my same-sex attractions to a more dramatic level.
    They're both my parents and they love me. I want to wait until I'm financially independent before I can attempt to explain to them, so I can feel confident enough to be okay even if they don't accept or understand.

7. don72tx

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Both before and after my father passed away years ago i had several really bad dreams that he had found out about my sexuality and he got so mad at me. He was definitely homophobic and even left a church he had helped start when the pastor began to invite LGBT people to worship there. But i think his homophobia was just his upbringing that taught it was a sin back then. Conversely I had a dream once that my mother had discovered I was gay, but she said she understood. I never had the chance to come out to her because I really think that she would have understood. Maybe I thought that she would because she did find a vibrator i had bought and hidden away. She did tell me to get rid of it and I did, glad that she didnt' tell my father. [I was in high school at that time and it was before many of the sex toys like dildos were availble yet]

Bisurprise likes this.
  8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to have dreams about being blackmailed with some regularity. In the dreams it would never come up WHY they were blackmailing. Thankfully haven't had any of those dreams in quite awhile :slight_smile:

Bisurprise likes this.
  9. Bisurprise

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's good to hear!