1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Doopz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mortality. More specifically of my own. Not in a bad way, but in a introspective way. Other than that, I drew some stuff.

2. Loves books

There’s about 10 tiny spiders congregating and weaving webs around my light, which happens to hang right over the middle of my bed. I don’t know where the 8 legged little f*****s came from and I have no idea why my room. I have arachnophobia and in my opinion the only good spider is a dead spider. I saw a video on YouTube where they proved that you are unlikely to swallow a spider in your sleep by putting spiders on the mans face and seeing if it went to his mouth. I’m fine swallowing a spider in my sleep I won’t know about it. Waking up to one on my face however is nightmare material.

3. Sparky2002

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oof! I also have arachnophobia and my friend told me everyone swallows 4 spiders a night. Thankfully, that's not true!

4. Doopz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As of this moment, I find my thoughts wandering towards the future and what it holds. They're laced with hopefulness and a sense of excitement.

It's almost nostalgic.

#8624 Doopz, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  5. dbri

dbri Guest

I've heard it's more like 8 spiders a year.

6. Doopz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Isn't that "fact" made up anyways?

7. dbri

dbri Guest

I few years ago I tried to find any real information about it. I'm not scared of spiders, but I'm not a huge fan of eating them either lol. Anyway, I found that someone did actually do a study. It lead too only plausibilities of someone ingesting arachnids in their sleep. I think it said it was plausible to consume up to approx 8 in a year. I can see where it would cause anxiety, but I wouldn't get bent on plausible alone. It's just protein if one gets in there :wink:

8. Doopz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha! Yep, that's the spirit.

9. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    See I've heard this but I've also heard that spiders don't go near beds for a few factors:
    1.beds offer no prey (unless infested with bed bugs)
    2. A sleeping person's breath, snores, and beating heartbeat all create vibrations that warn spiders of danger, and they tend to stay away

So I'm not sure shich is true.

10. Loves books

I live in the Irish countryside and spiders are everywhere. The outside of my bedroom window is currently playing host to 9 spiders. I counted. My bedroom walls have dark smudges from the many spiders that have been squished. Spiders don’t avoid beds I’ve found more than one on mine. If a spider is suicidal enough to dangle from the ceiling to my bed it deserves to die. One thing I learned about spiders on a bed is no matter how much weight you pile on it it won’t squish on a bed. The last spider on my bed was caught with a sticky pet hair remover roller and then rolled a million times on a floor. Not mine because my sister told me that dead mom spiders can still have very live eggs on their back. I wouldn’t mind if I swallowed a spider while sleeping because I wouldn’t know about it, I only have a problem when I’m awake. I always skip the giant spider part of the Harry Potter book and movie. I have had a dream about giant spiders in my room trying to eat me.

11. dbri

dbri Guest

That's right! If I remember correctly, that was the counter argument. Spiders are known to get on other animals and stuff, so it would make sense it'd be okay crawling on a person. They're fast and some are so tiny, it's plausible at least a few could get ingested. Haven't you ever been awaken by a cough at night for seemingly no reason? lol

12. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always hate it when spiders climb on me, one got in my hair once and I panicked. Threw it out my hair, where it landed on the ground then I threw a towel on it and ran away. Didn't move that towel for quite some time.

On a somewhat unrelated note to that, I find it funny when people are arguing over a trivial topic and they're all technically right in some way. Such as, discussion on my hair colour. It's a dark strawberry blonde and differs depending on the lighting. Sometimes I've been in situations where people have been staring at me then they'll suddenly ask "So, what is your hair colour? Because I'm still not sure. Is it blonde? Brunette? Ginger? What's going on with that?". I mean, yes.

There have been quite a few times where people have argued amongst themselves over which colour it is closest to. I'd say blonde in neutral lighting, brunette / golden brown in darker lighting particularly in the winter, then bright lighting (especially with more reddish hues particularly sunset, sunrise or high direct sunlight) makes the ginger a lot more apparent. In checkbox situations, I pick blonde since that's the main colour. One time I'd met someone during the autumn and we were still friends in the summer. We were walking along when we passed a window and a ray on sunlight hit my face. Then she stopped, looking shocked. I asked them what was wrong. "Wait what? You're ginger? I didn't know that" :laughing: Surprise.

#8632 Canterpiece, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  13. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I go through this all the time. My hair is a weird color where depending on the light, it can look sort of red, a very light brown, or a dark/dirty blonde. It's to the point where i don't really know what my actual hair color is because of this.

I usually go with light brown or like a blonde/brown combo since that what it tends to look like most of the time but since it was bright red as a baby, I'm still not 100%sure

#8633 BothWaysSecret, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  14. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My aunt on my dad's side who usually hosts Christmas is working this year.

Hoping I don't have to spend it with my mum's side instead. Would it be reasonable to bail if that's the case?

15. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    With the pandemic still going on, I miss casual trips to the mall without worry of being near someone and being able to go out without a mask.

I especially miss wandering through Barnes and Noble and picking out new books.

16. Jaylah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I woke up one night, just feeling wrong in my bones, I hesitate to use the word, but I guess I was feeling dysphoric. I got up to browse some women's clothes online, and saw this absolutely gorgeous black dress. I bought it and now I'm on pins and needles, like a kid on Christmas, waiting for it to arrive. I really don't know what to think anymore. I feel guilty for having these feelings.

A month ago I came up with a female name for myself. I feel like I've fallen in love with that name. It keeps haunting my consciousness.
    I can't stop thinking about calling myself that, or having other people refer to me as her.

Next month, when I see my therapist, I'm gonna ask her to use that name instead.

17. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just been to the seaside for the first time in months. Might upload a picture later.

Freezing cold but the Scottish beaches are very pretty and I love the cold fresh sea air. Well worth the train journey.

18. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do they offer curbside pickup? That might be a good way to avoid having to go in and being close to somebody.

I went to my local bookstore today, and I decided to wear a mask while browsing. While they haven't made it mandatory to wear a mask, I find that when book lovers get into browsing and absorbed in the books catching up with what they have missed for a few months, social distancing becomes a memory.

19. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And the insomnia has returned with a vengeance. Haha

20. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ooooh I never thought of curbside pickup. I'll have to see if they do that.