1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binders. Yes or no?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Joelle b, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, I’m bi, and I have been wondering lately if I should get a binder. For no other reason then I hate my boobs and bras just highlight them and boobs are ridiculous anyways (why would I want an extra 6 pounds of fat on my chest that jiggles when I exert myself?). First, to any body else who is bi, any of you all bind? What are reasons others have? How to I bring this up to my parents?
    Anyways, love you all and hope you can help me❤️!!

2. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    By the way, as any of you who know probably notice, I obviously have no idea how much boobs weigh. I’ve never weighed mine.

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It rather isn’t a sexual orientation thing. It’s more of a body image thing. Unless you bind for men not to notice your breasts. But gay and bi women like breasts too. It’s a major turn on for them too.

As for them moving, you can’t bind all the time, so I would suggest a sports bra anyway. Sport bras aren’t “sexy”, but they do their job. You get those cotton bras without cups in many clothing stores, and you can get bras with more support in sports shops.

Breasts might seem weird but so can other body parts. Why do we have five fingers on one hand instead of four? Why do feet look like they do? Why genitals look they way they do? It’s just the way humans are. Plus breasts aren’t necessarily a negative thing both function- and looks-wise.

Vega222 and rktonks like this.
  4. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess you make a lot of good points. I could buy a more heavy duty sports bra. Honestly, I doubt ma mere would allow me to bind anyways, because she is against wire bras even, because they are 'unheathy' for your boobs. I just cant stand the attention boobs grab and how annoying they are in general. I think it would be best for me to bind sometimes. I cant every where, because I would be kicked out of most of the things I do (Most of them are related to my church), and if they even guess that I am queer I would be shunned. But there are some places I could ware the binder and I would love to be able to. I have tried different things to sub as binders and i dont know what to use. Does anyone have any recommendations? Honestly I have no idea how to convince my parents to let me buy one, because they wont even allow me to come out. They have actually banned me from coming out.

Thanks for responding!!

5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, breasts draw a lot of attention. Puberty is tough, you’re not alone in feeling uncomfortable with how the body changes then.

Even a non heavy duty sports bra can reduce the feeling that breasts move, and I had that in mind, but yes, some sports bras do compress too and you can say you buu them for gym class and then use them outside it too. They work well with looser tops.

Also, if someone pays too much attention to your body, it isn’t your fault. You can point it out to them (usually a man) that he shouldn’t be staring at your chest. It’s also his job to not make you uncomfortable with his ogling.

It’s a shame about not being able to come out ;/ Banned from coming out, wow. It doesn’t look like your parents are understanding ones, rather the demanding type. Churches also are high pressure environments, especially about LGBT topics.

Albine and rktonks like this.
  6. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, ogling sucks, and so dose not being able to come out. My parents won’t allow me because then their precious Christian community would shun us.
    Yeah, but I’ve had Bonn’s for three years, kinda more like 4, and somehow I still hate them.
    I have started eating a sports bra, but then I am a C, almost D, so it really dose nothing :frowning2: .

Mihael likes this.
  7. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Bonn’s, XD!!! I meant boobs.

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which sports bra do you mean? And does nothing in what way? I have the same size and wear only sports bras.

9. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im saying like, i have this sports bra, but since I have biggish boobs they just lift the boobs up and they arent really suppressed. Yet again, I have a kinda junky bra. What brand do you use?