1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alone after moving, don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by deadcrush, Jul 13, 2020.

1. deadcrush

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I moved to an entirely different place in November due to a family situation. Before I moved I had just started finding "my people": the small group of LGBT kids at my school. I only got 3 months in at my new school before it shut down and I didn't get a chance to meet people. I had joined a sport, yes, but I couldn't connect with anyone apart of it aside from one LGBT 8th grader (but she isn't allowed to have any technology). Being apart of sports kept me from joining my school's GSA before COVID-19 hit. I feel alone, like I have no one like me I can talk to and be friends with over here. I live in the middle of nowhere, having to drive an hour to even go to the store. I don't know how to make any friends, especially in a situation like this. I have googled countless solutions- this website being one I hope helps even a little. What are some ways you guys have fixed this solution? It may be hard to answer considering current events but I'll take anything. I don't want to wait until college to have a single friend nearby that I can connect to in the special way that LGBT folk connect with one another.

2. Vast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry you're dealing with that. Definitely not easy being alone and far from everyone. Until the pandemic passes, it'll probably be difficult to meet up with people for anything like sports. I'd say try to find some LGBT Discord groups so you at least have a place to talk and be heard by people who understand you for now. If you're into gaming, there are LGBT groups and guilds for pretty much every online game.

deadcrush likes this.