1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning after 5 years or so...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Brandiac, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone,

I am returning to EC after many many years. In the past I used to struggle with a lack of a solid relationship and sexual contact and now the tables have turned. I have managed to find all of these, but I am looking at a future path of possible issues that might arise in a few years. I will explore these in detail in respective threads when the time comes, where I would like to receive your input on a few issues, and I would especially like to be able learn more about transgender issues and what the everyday life of trans people is like. I feel like I am in a good position to get a better understanding because I am very uncomfortable with my nationality, which I tend to see as somewhat similar / analogous to how trans people might feel about their body. It's hard work to change it but you can do it and be happy in the end!

A little bit about myself (I will create a proper profile for myself soon):
    I'm 24, male in both the mind and the body (so cis I believe), I'm bi but generally with a male preference. I live in an EU member state but I would prefer not to disclose the exact location, because I feel shame almost 24/7 about it. I've been in a relationship for almost 4 years now and we are planning to move to a place where we can realize who we are better than here... That is planned to take place in 2 years.
    I am also a language geek, and I am a fan of public transport (especially trains).

I hope that I can learn a lot here and maybe help out people with advice just like old times... Also I sincerely hope I can be open about anything without the fear of being labeled a random "-phobic" for being honest or just not well-informed about something.

Cheers!

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Greetings and welcome (back) to EmptyClosets Brandiac! First of all, I'd like to say that it is absolutely ok, not wanting to specify where you stay. There are some of us who aren't happy with the places we stay in (countries, states, provinces and cities) possibly because of LGBT-phobia and the general attitude towards those who consider themselves part of the LGBTQ+ spectrum. I totally understand your plan on trying to move to a better place and wish you all the best and luck to get there. I myself have been working on something similar for a number of years now so I can totally understand the will to do so.

I love public transport too! I was the first person to squeal and shriek in joy when the elevated metro-subway system was built in my city and used it extensively, even purchased a card that was offered and took it everywhere. I love to walk and take the trains. :slight_smile:. And I love languages too! I love culture in general, so languages, food and history are included in them too, ha ha. What languages do you speak? If I may ask, out of general linguistic curiosity?

3. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry about posting such a late reply. I'm on borrowed time when I'm browsing the forums and with the current home office policy both I and my SO are subject to, it's hard to find the time to come here.

Here's a little list of my languages (native omitted due to reasons mentioned above):
    English - fluent in pretty much every way, with around 17 years of experience
    Dutch - fluent, but there's a lot of room for improvement, especially when it comes to everyday phrases and proverbs (there's a lot of those)
    German - somewhat fluent, I don't use this one regularly but Dutch keeps it alive due to the similarities
    Swedish - beginner, I'm doing this because my employer offered to join 100% subsidized courses and I'm not someone to throw away free knowledge
    Czech - beginner, we regularly visit the Czech Republic and I'm interested in the language because of that, plus it sounds very clean to me, I studied some Russian in high school, which also makes it a bit easier
    Russian - beginner, I had a chance to take some extra classes at high school to study Russian, and it gave me a nice overview of slavic languages and taught me to read cyrillic as well

My wishlist includes being able to speak all of these fluently, plus Spanish and Japanese, the latter of which would be the final thing I do when I know everything else I want.

4. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi! I only recently came back after a long absence, myself.
    I remember having a hard time getting time to come here myself, when I started coming here.

I'm only fluent in English, but as someone who's interested in languages, I'm super jealous of your abilities... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I have studied a little German, Spanish, and Japanese, and even a small bit of Norwegian, but I'm nowhere near fluent.