1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answered Rights regarding content?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Closeteer, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Closeteer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi EC,

Trust you're all keeping safe!

I read through the code of conduct but was not completely clear on something and would appreciate some clarificatory thoughts. Long ago, when I was an active member of EC, I wrote and posted a long poem from my account handle (it's still there). I wasn't out at that point in time but now am and was thinking of submitting the poem to a website that publishes LGBTQIA+ content. If you could tell me whether and how I need to mention/credit EC when submitting the poem, I'd be grateful. The code of conduct says that I retain copyright and that EC has non-exclusive rights. So, I assume one can send content originally written here somewhere else, but I still wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance!
    C

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Anything you write on EC you retain the copyright and all rights of use. You grant EC an unlimited license to use it, but you're free to do with it whatever you want. So you don't need to credit us, but if you'd like to do so ("originally published on EmptyClosets.com, 2014" or whatever, feel free to do so.

3. Closeteer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Chip! Appreciate the help :slight_smile: