1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the story behind your username?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by La Corbeau, May 29, 2020.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My part German heritage is trying to pronounce that world, but it just results in a tongue twister.

2. RavenK

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Raven started as a nickname but now I prefer it at school. K stands for kitten, another nickname.

3. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's my first name, what was supposed to be an "O" for my middle name, and then "C" for my last name. Instead I wrote TheodoreAC, but I didn't know the whole "reset your username within 2 weeks and it doesn't count as a change of username" clause in the rules so I just lived with it and I still live with it.

4. Loves books

My username is fairly obvious. When I was four I read at an eight year old level and never went anywhere without a book. Thanks to modern technology I have a kindle, the kindle app on my phone and iBooks on my iPad. I am never without reading material. I love the phone app it’s less weird to stare at your phone in a waiting room than it is to bring a kindle.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dark Lord of the Sith becomes reformed Jedi hero. Granted...I would never consider myself a Sith lol but I just loved KOTOR, it was such a great game and loved the backstory.

6. Bandoleer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Excellent conversation starter. My name Bandoleer--anagram--bored alone

7. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mines pretty simple. Nico was my favorite charecter from the Percy Jackson series cuz he’s gay. Pjo is Percy Jackson Olympians. Gaypjo.

8. La Corbeau

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aw yeah Nico was the best character in the series! Rick Riordan actually did a pretty good job of designing a character who was gay and whose being gay was an important part of his development, but wasn't really the token gay character that's just there so the author can slap a "I write diverse books" label on the book (at least in my opinion oops this kinda became a rant).

9. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lmao. Yea good ol uncle rick is probs the most inclusive author ever and I love him. I just hope Disney doesn’t fuck up the gay charecters since they don’t tend to like lgbt charecters

10. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    it's just supposed to mean that not everything you say is always eloquent or perfect, really. I guess it was supposed to sound artistic and cool but it's a bit lame sounding LOL. it just kind of came to mind

#50 faultyink, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  11. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was thinking of women playing bingo, and those droopy bits under their arms we call “bingo wings”.
    I didn’t really want to be called “Bingowings” and so it became a variant on that.

12. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Liberal/libertarian + Latino

(and ironically it is the Spanish/Italian word for "libertine/lecher", which I am far from being!)

13. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My full pseudonym name, Misadori Kemorii is splitted into two different stories:slight_smile: Misadori comes from two Japanese words (I don't speak much Japanese but I've picked up a few words here and there^^) combined into one. The first one is 'Midori' which is a typical female name in Japan:slight_smile: It also means 'green.' The other word is 'Sasori' which means scorpion, which is my zodiac sign. In the beginnin' I started to play with the word and used it as a code name, Midori Sasori, along with three particular friends (also borned as Scorpios, we just gave eachother a color in Japanese;P) I found both of those names a little bit similiar when I splitted 'em up: Mi/Sa-Do/So-Ri/Ri. They both, as you can see, finish with same letters so I chose Mi as a start and followed it with Sa:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And voilà, I had my new name Misadori^^ I liked it better than goin' with Sadori:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I didn't received my last name until I actually met another EC:er here^^ It's an awesome guy called Riz and if it wouldn't be for him, I'd never gather my courage to come out towards certain friends as well as my own family^^<3 I love that guy, wouldn't have been the real me today if it wasn't for him<3^^Also, he managed to get me to buy my very first silver pleated skirt before New Year's Eve some years ago (my parents would be out, by that time not knowin' that I was a trans MtF). We talked a lot about Japanese fashion and he introduced me Mori Kei and Natural Kei:slight_smile: A lot of layers and flowy fabrics with lots of patterns, they were described as faeries from a fairy tale story of some kind dressin' after the colors of the seasons and usin' usually simple cotton fabrics and made buttons out of woods etc. Usin' the nature itself to put it simple^^
    I really liked the idea and thought of Mori Kei and by playin' around with those words, I creaged an anagram which became my last name: Kemorii. Riz inspired me and I wouldn't have been able to receive my last name if it weren't for him^^:3 So ever since, I've enjoyed my new pseudonym/alter ego name: Misadori Kemorii<3 (even decided to go with Misa-Misa as a nice name;3)

14. Saqueera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like the anime Cardcaptor Sakura and I am queer. So... Also the name I wanted to keep was already taken :grin:

15. Saqueera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like the anime Cardcaptor Sakura and I am queer. So... Also the name I wanted to keep was already taken

16. C06122014

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It’s just the initial of the first person I came out to, on the day I came out. I came out to my then best friend Christina on June 12 2014, about a week after first joining EC. That was a simpler time...

17. Sparky2002

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine's unoriginal. Just my dog's name and when he was born. My profile picture is my dog also.

18. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How much French do you know? I am partially fluent. I can’t rap or anything, or get the accent right, but I can read French very well.
    And a raven is my spirit animal too

19. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    R is for Roura, which is similar to my name and Kaitlyn for an old vlogger, and tonks is from Harry Potter because my friend who is an HP need says I embody her personality exactly.

20. La Corbeau

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can only speak a little, I'm much better at reading. I can hold up a conversation and I know enough to get around in the event that I ever end up in a French-speaking country, but not much more than that. I can read it much better and I like reading short stories and such to improve.