1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing into comfy clothes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BothWaysSecret, Jun 22, 2020.

?

Do you change when you come home?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. I take certain things off (shoes/pants/etc) but don't really get changed

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How many people here change into comfy clothes/pajamas as soon as they come home?

I am always in pajamas when I am home and only change if I am going out out or we are having a party/people over.

I even change if I am going out later. If I leave the house at 10, come home at 11 and have to got back out at 2, I will change into pajamas when I come home at 11 and change back into regular clothes when I go back out, unless the time between outings is short (within a half hour to an hour apart). In that instance I just keep my regular clothes on.

#1 BothWaysSecret, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    During the winter, I will immediately change from jeans to sweatpants. During the summer I may change into gym shorts, but regular shorts aren't bad at all.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mostly work at home, so "comfy" is pretty much my standard fare unless I have to go somewhere for a meeting or otherwise look presentable. At the moment, hippie shorts and a "Sure I'm a Marxist shirt (Groucho, Chico, Zeppo and Karl) .

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the summer, all I do is change into shorts from jeans. It’s just not comfortable to be wearing jeans in the summer. If it’s between May and August, you’ll see me in shorts no matter what the weather is (if I’m not working). During the winter, I’ll usually stay in what I’ve been wearing all day unless they’re dirty.

5. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends for me based on what I'm wearing. Usually, yes.

So, like if it was a regular day at school and I'm in khakis, dress shoes, and a dress shirt then I definitely change the moment I get home. But if it was a dress down day and I'm in jeans and it's not super hot out then I don't usually change right away.

If it's just like a regular day and I'm out and about in casual clothes (shorts, t-shirt, maybe a hoodie) then I'll just wear that until I shower (unless I'm like super gross and sweaty).

6. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I’m at school, I have to at least look professional. Thankfully because the band spends allot of time outside, Jeans, a polo, and my tennis shoes are acceptable. If they ask us to be a little bit more dressed up, it might be black slacks, a polo, and dress shoes. If they say dress up and I want to look even better I’ll break out the suit and tie. For concerts and finals for comps I usually wear a three piece suit (all of my suit jackets have a built in inner pocket for my baton).

For football games, practice, any outdoor/after school activity for the marching band you can bet I will be in shorts and a polo or shorts and a t-shirt. Which all of the polos and t-shirts I wear to school are either band, school, or general music (state music conductors’ association, Carolina crown alumni association, etc).

When I get home?? You can best believe I strip and get into my comfy clothes. Generally socks/underwear, pj bottoms, jogging pants or athletic shorts and a T-shirt. If you’re lucky I’ll make it to the bedroom before leaving pants in the floor, random dress shoes in the floor, etc.

7. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to add to my post but it timed out and wouldn’t let me so I’ll quote it instead.

I tend to be really cold natured so having a school/band hoodie is not a rare thing. I have nicer sweaters if I’m wearing a suit. As a matter of reference, it’s currently 71° in our house. I’m wearing jogging pants and a band hoodie that I don’t really wear in public any more.

As a consequence of my school’s colors being blue/gold with secondary colors of black and white, I have a lot of those colors in my closet. Except for gold no gold polos but I have gray instead.

8. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I either walk around in my birthday suit, or pajama bottoms.

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I change into more comfortable clothes when I come home from work or from being out and about, running errands, etc. I tend to wear lounge pants or jogging pants and a t-shirt or long sleeved shirt (pending on the time of the year) at home.

10. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, wearing certain clothes is like wearing a character costume. I'm not great at doing any seriously focused work if I'm wearing something overly casual, in fact I'm much more likely to get distracted and do something else instead. When I'm wearing pyjamas, I somewhat mentally detach and become relaxed to the point where I can't do much else easily besides relaxing. So the type of clothing I wear is rather important to me, I can't just simply work in pyjamas. If I attempt to, you can bet I'll end up doing something else and I'll completely forget about my work.

When I used to live in student accommodation, I had a habit of dressing up even when I wasn't going anywhere. I found that dressing up smartly made me more motivated to work, since I felt the part. Dressing otherwise just felt wrong. I got some confused looks when people would ask if I was going somewhere and I'd tell them no. Sometimes I would explain why I was dressed so neatly.

Even doing chores I prefer to wear my nice clothes, since if I'm wearing more casual stuff then I'm likely to do it at a slower rate. Personally, it's sort of like trying to do a Batman impression whilst wearing a Superman costume. Just feels off somehow. I only like to put on my pyjamas when I'm truly done with the day, except for brainstorming ideas for the upcoming week or tomorrow, when I put on my pyjamas I mentally check-out of the current day I'm in. Occasionally I've even put on shoes for video calls because I needed to get into character / the right mindset.

11. lucas78

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to be an "always jeans, even at home alone" guy but I became a "sweatpants at home" guy as I approached middle age. Conference calls mean don't stand up... if I have to go outside I put the real pants back on though. :wink:

12. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends what I've come home from. If it's work or a social gathering, I change everything. If I've been out to the supermarket, I just leave on whatever I was wearing but change into comfier shoes.

13. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I at least change out of my pants when I get home. If I'm wearing a T-shirt, I usually keep it on until late evening when I go to bed. I also sometimes in the summer, may even take off my socks when I get home.

14. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever I come home from work, I usually switch my every pants into soft gymnastic pants of some kind. Just to give myself the true feelin' that I've done my good thingy for today and that I may some freedom:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Even though I like wearin' cargos or some kind of stretchs, nothin' beats the loose feelin' like wearin' gymnastic pants;P

Ofc, there's one more thing that's even a greater freedom for me and that's a good skirt or dress. Just bein' able to dress in whichever color or pattern I got towards the mood I'm carryin';P Pleats, circle cut... the more flowy the more freedom:wink:

15. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually stay dressed until after I shower or I am sure I don't have to go out again. I usually chill in hospital type scrubs as they are super comfy, and if need be I could answer the door without worry.

16. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Duplicate post, sorry

#16 Shorthaul, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  17. Loves books

I only bother putting on real clothes if people are coming over or I leave the house. I wear pyjamas the rest of the time. I think I have more pyjamas than regular clothes. I change my pyjamas when I get up and change back before bed. My dog gets hair all over me during the day and I don’t want that in my bed. I usually throw on a jumper during the day for warmth.

18. C06122014

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m a sucker for sweats...but the only reason I don’t change immediately when I get home is because I’m still hoping something with randomly come up that requires me to look presentable. That doesn’t happen now that we’re all quarantined...and I’m usually already in comfy clothes, but ya.

19. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Since I dress pretty much like a boy in public, I usually change into something a bit more feminine when I get home.