1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are some good places for Lesbians to live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ajw347, Jun 19, 2020.

1. ajw347

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I currently live in Cleveland Ohio, but I'm finding it hard to find social groups for myself. Believe it or not but I keep meeting racist close minded lesbians and I'm a bit tired of it. I need to find more people who align with my values.

I've been thinking I might want a small town, maybe a college town or an outside tourist location. Some place that is on the liberal thinking side. I don't want to be too far away from a good LGBTQI community because I would like to meet someone and settle down.

I was thinking I could run or work at a kayaking rental place. I also like skiing so maybe a place to ski in the winter and kayak in the summer. But I'm also into wood working and I'm thinking of becoming an electrician.

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi
    I live in SE Minnesota, small towns in this area equal; +/- 3K people. You never see a pride flag out and about anywhere. I'm not saying everyone is a bigot, just quiet on both sides. The twin cities has a large LGBT population. Wisconsin, Lacrosse and Madison are good places. The Mississippi River Valley is beautiful.

I was a Chief Engineer at a large hotel for many years. If you want to get into a Carpenters or Electrician Union training program you shouldn't have much of a issue.

Luck
    Dean

3. ajw347

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! I will have to put those locations on my list to visit. I'm going to the Wisconsin Dells next week so maybe I can stop in Madison.

4. BerryFun

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I live in the greater LA area and am 40 mins away from LA by train. LA is one of the most LGBTQ accepting places I’ve seen. I mean it’s right next to Hollywood where they have one of the biggest pride events every year. Plus Women’s March. Plus there are tons of LGBTQ groups on MeetUp you can join and hang out with them. Recently tons of people are out there marching for LGBTQ rights for pride month.
    It also makes me really happy that the news report on all the lovely pride events that happen every year.
    Plus we’re very close to the mountain so if you like skiing it’s perfect during the winter. Big Bear is a short drive away. We are also close to the beach and hiking trails, canyons if you like that.
    The only con I have is that LA is very expensive and sometimes it might not be safe. But crime happens no matter where you live. However if you live in one of the neighboring cities, it’s pretty safe not expensive at all.

5. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure about how active the LGBT community in Boise Id is, but Idaho has a fairly low cost of living and has all the out door recreation you could want and more. Until the virus messed up the economy we had the lowest unemployment rate of any state.

The state is primarily red, but most people tend to just let you do your thing. I see pride stuff even in the smaller cities. Several community colleges in the state have trade programs. I think even CSI here in Twin Falls has classes to work on wind turbines.

6. ajw347

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I'll have to look into it.