1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for gays & lesbians: Is the opposite sex more like “Ew” or like “Meh”?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lyman, May 26, 2020.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will never be a gold star gay because I still recognise beauty in the opposite sex. I'm not repulsed by women or women's bodies and I can often see what straight men see, but that's as far as it goes with me. There has never been a desire to take things to another level, not even to experiment. Some people have suggested that I may be bisexual, but that really makes no sense to me at all when I look at how I feel about other guys. When it comes to guys all of the jigsaw pieces fit together.

out2019, Lyman and Adz6 like this.
  2. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Slightly different answer from the others, since I am bi. I found this sentence interesting because that's actually how I would describe it for me. Male vs Female attractions have a different flavor to them, like comparing sweet and savory foods, and this continues all the way up to the orgasms which have a different 'afterburn' to them.

itsuka and Lyman like this.
  3. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    During the time I was “ straight” women were simply meh. Sex was ok but never felt right and the female body was ok. Now that I have come to terms with my sexuality I can appreciate the beauty of a clothed woman. As far as romance or sexual intimacy eew! I now have a hard time understanding how I faked it for so long. Love the male form these days thankfully.

Adz6 likes this.
  4. Rin311

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't find women repulsive in any way, and I can definitely appreciate the looks of a beautiful woman. But I have zero sexual/romantic attraction to them. Absolutely none. Back when I was a young teenager and realized I'm gay, I slept with two girls from my school in a very dumb attempt to "de-gayify" myself. It was very meh, I had to think about guys to get hard, and the entire experience left me very confused.

Lyman likes this.
  5. Lyman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m dropping by this thread one last time to thank the 20 people that replied. Like I said in my new thread, you helped me to be out to myself for 2 great weeks. And, although I’m now in the middle of some “twists and turns”, I know that in the long term I’ll end up accepting myself. I’m really grateful to you all for sharing your perspectives. They were extremely useful!

Unsure77 likes this.