1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like where you live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes and no. I like the countryside, but I dislike the area because of other reasons.

2. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I live in the city and I love it. There is always something going on, I live in the fastest growing city in North America, Charlotte North Carolina, so the city is always changing. Also I love people (#extrovert), and all the places to go are fun. I used to live on 39 acres here in the city, but we have moved to a tiny house on a tiny lot, crammed with all 8 of my family members. But I would never not live in the city.

3. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate it, the place I live is full of homophobes, I see hate comments in the internet. The people here are not very kind, they are selfish and full of hate. They want to take away the rights of other people.

4. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I need to come back to this thread. I realized that yeah. Maybe I like my home more than I thought before. I was born and raised in a beach side city in a majority liberal viewing community, less than an hours drive from three different Japanese grocers and with several places in my area to get udon, ramen and soba! It's wonderful. The bus system still doesn't make sense but it runs from 5;30 in the morning to 10 pm at night (or later but that's the average run time). There's a pizza place less than 20 minute walk away from my house and a 15 acre park behind my house. My middle school was literally across the street and so was the first elementary I attended. Life is good in my city and I just didn't notice before quarantine halted everything to a slower pace than a sloth's running competition. Sure the weather is terrible. It's always sunny and hot, but there's ice cream parlor's all over town and there's always a bookstore or a thrift shop to jump into to find something to entertain myself with and take a break in their air conditioning. My city is wonderful, I just didn't notice because I was too focused on the heat of the sun burning my skin and the dogs everywhere terrifying me.

5. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I like that this area is fairly quiet, but it's also highly conservative (I've seen several nearby homes with Trump flags). So no, I don't feel very safe, even though my family has been very accepting.

I do get clean air here, but I need a car to go anywhere... I have to drive over 100 miles to go to my therapist, or even a bookstore.

I want to move, but my mom can't afford to live on her own, so I'm stuck here for a while. Still, it could be worse.

6. La Corbeau

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like where I live. It's off the suburbs of the city, and it's pretty quiet. The neighborhood is pretty LGBTQ friendly too. Lots of families with little kids.

7. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay. Not my favorite place but also not bad and not dangerous afaik. I'm not out here and it's not really my cup of tea - I much preferred campus, especially because there was a lot of LGBT+ people and people my age - but at least it's pretty quiet and there's a lot of green space and flowers and stuff. -shrug-

I'm fine being here for now, but when I get my own house, it's probably not gonna be here lol.

I'm gonna need a change of scenery as well as a place I can either be out or stealth (ideally a LGBT area where I can be safely out or at least around other folks in the community), and also not have anyone around who knows my parents or 'knew' the younger me. I just want to be done with that, ya know? I don't really know/interact with anyone here and don't want to. Since I'm not out here and don't want to be, I'd rather just be basically invisible here while I do my own thing. I also don't care if that seems rude or lame. It just be like that.

To me there's zero point because imo if I can't be out to someone, they don't really know me, can't even begin to know me, and it just feels fake and sad and painful (I've had enough of being closeted and not being able to be myself; now I'm only closeted when it's for my safety and wellbeing) so the most I'm gonna really do is politely say hi in passing if anyone sees me. I'm not gonna be rude or whatever to people as long as they're not rude, but if I don't really know them and/or can't be out to them, I'm not going to interact much or do or say anything that makes me memorable or interesting to them lol. Just no point, and would rather not go there. It's actually worse for me to have people "know" some fake or incomplete version of me than to have them not know me at all. It's actually kinda nice and peaceful that way and less draining for me. Anyway. I went off on a tangent.

#47 ErickWolf, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  8. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like where I live. I find it boring and there isn't much for me to do as a teen/young adult. I live a short walk from the sea which I suppose would appeal to some people, but I don't really like the beach. My town has some nicer bits but generally it's really chavvy and depressing. The best thing about it is that it's cheap.

In the future I want to live in a big city that's more diverse and interesting.

9. Halolala

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My country is nice and ridiculous at the same time. My city is very pretty, but relatively small and always flooded with tourists. In general j like where I live, but it has downsides.

10. Sophia04

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like where I live. It's a small town where I know almost everyone my age as we've been in school together since kindergarten. That does mean that I've been stuck being bullied by the same people for the past 10 years but I've also been surrounded by the people who will stand up for me and cheer me up.

Also a positive, my town is very accepting of the LGBT+ community so I know that when I come out it won't change how anybody thinks of me.

11. PrideOwl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In Georgia, U.S.A, the weather is every now and then typically three seasons with hot humid weather and sometimes a cold snap.
    There is too much traffic and pollution and too many buildings. Not much of a clean water source except the Chattahoochee River. Not enough trees that can cool the earth down.

12. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do I like where I live? No. Do I feel safe? Not really. Is it clean? No. Probably live in the worst street in the area and we are pretty much the only non drug/alcohol effected people in our neighbourhood. The worst part, we didn't choose to live here and even had the chance to move but 2020 keeps on getting “better”. Oh and people drive like maniacs here. Was a car accident in the main shopping street.

13. yeah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hate it here. I grew up mostly in the east coast, US, but as an adult, I moved back to my home country which is pretty homophobic, sexist and xenophobic. Now there are a very few lgbt bookstores or visibility, but still I'd never publicly come out. There's no point anyways. Tried a lot to fit in, but I think people just find me odd.

14. old tacoma

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the most part, I like where I live. There are some who are close minded but most are open minded. There’s even a local lullaby titled ‘Where I live’ and the opening lyric is, “Where I live, there are rainbows”... ... “With life in the laughter of morning, and starry nights.”

15. jessie19

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not at all, i dont like my country or my town everything is just out dated

16. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I live in Greenville, SC. Love it here. I had lived in Phoenix, AZ before and loved that too- and in fact miss it.

17. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really do. The city is the right size; big enough to where you don't have to travel to get things but not so big that rush hour is a massive undertaking. I love the weather for the most part. The people are liberal, for the most part. I would feel comfortable walking holding hands with a partner in public and I know that's not something to be taken lightly. It's very beautiful; we have two rivers, lots of forested area, and we're less then an hour and a half drive away from the coast and the mountains. Cost of living is a little high, but not as much as other areas in my state.

18. Doopz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's kinda the only place I ever lived. So, sure I like it. It's nice. But can't say I have anything to compare it to. Hopefully that'll change soon.

19. Timburr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup. I feel very fortunate to be in this area and pretty close to a major city (Denver). There's a ton of hiking to do, and city exploring, lots of good food and beer. Pretty supportive/left-leaning, feel pretty safe going out and holding hands with my boyfriend in public. I've also been able to access mental healthcare here that I wasn't able to elsewhere or while I was in college. It is pretty expensive though but at the end of the day it's worth it for me to be able to live here.

20. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

I live in rural Scotland and I’m in heaven