1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m becoming healthier but it feels bad

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CactiCat, Jun 8, 2020.

1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m gaining weight in a healthy way (I was underweight) and I’m doing more things to help myself, such as meditating, exercising, and eating healthier. But for some reason it feels weird, almost wrong. One thing to note, I’ve been depressed for three years. Not majorly, but I never feel happy. I’m getting better now that I’ve delt with some internalized homophobia and I have more more motivation. It’s quite nice but all of it feels off. Has anyone dealt with this before? Is there a reason this all feels wrong when it’s a good thing to do?

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're just not used to it yet. Body and routine changes pretty much always feel wrong at first, whether they're positive or negative, just because your mind isn't used to it and was more comfortable with what it knew from before. After a few months that should become your new normal and it'll feel less strange.

BothWaysSecret and CactiCat like this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why does it feel off? Is it uncertainty, fear of the unknown? Is healthy lifestyle tiring for you? Or is it something else that makes you feel this way.

4. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m really not sure at all. I think it may be because it’s such a big change because I’ve never actually taken very good care of myself before.

5. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well for starters, your body’s chemistry is changing. You’re also forcing it to do more work than it was used to doing. Your habits are changing as are your routines. It’s important to give your body time to adjust. The human body is a biological machine. With any machine, when you suddenly change the fuel type, and change how you use it, it has to burn off that old fuel and grease. Give yourself time.