1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel trapped in this relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Caecilian65, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

So this might be a bit of a long story so will see how I go. Back in March probably around the ides of March last year I was introduced to someone who became my partner. This was through someone I was friends with and had hooked up once or twice. Now at first I didn't think we were in a relationship and I probably lured myself into a false sense of security with him calling me a best mate. Now at basically the same time or just before I had a friend with benefits who was lots of fun and were still hanging out when I met my partner. Now I have always been open with them about each other and fast forward to this year and they have met and hung out a couple of times. Even had a hookup all together which was fun I think.

Now I should have really worked on keeping my distance in some way but I let myself get sucked along for the ride as I have worked out my partner unlike myself is very romantic and is so heavily in love with me. Now it has been almost a year and a half and I don't think I am at that and do not think I ever will be. It is really sad though as we have so much in common and while I have been out of work and my business is struggling which has for a while I have been able to stay in the shed with him at the back of his parents place? I feel like I shouldn't lie to myself and should just kick myself out of here but I don't know where to go? I don't have any friends here and he knows so many people here I am worried I will struggle with finding support or contacts more than I know and will just be known as a bloke that sleeps around and doesn't care.

I will try and explain more.... But any ideas/comments?

Sorry if it sounds all over the place like myself as usual from the posts I did a few years ago.

Thanks
    Cs65

2. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel trapped because as he is asd which is fine I feel scared to say anything that might upset him. I know he has smashed plates in anger a couple of times before which he tells doesn't happen any more. I also worry because if he isn't happy or get active enough he sits at home and reads and annoys the dog and his parents. I don't want anything I do to make him and his family feel worse but maybe I don't have a choice?