After comming out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gress, May 21, 2020.

1. Gress

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I´m a lesbian 19 years living in Europe so it is not a huge problem and I feel good about myself. Yet I am still not out to my family but it doesn´t concern me for now I think they will be fine. But I am out to my friend group (8 people) for like 3 years and recently majority of my class.

Very unsetteling thing happend to me. One of my straight female friends apparently thinks I like her and feels uncomfortable she takled about it with another friend. She acts weird around me. Like what? Why would she think something like that? She is pretty I can see that but I dont look at her or any other straight girl that way. I have never throught that this would happened to me but apparently it is a thing. She spreads this stigma around me. She is not a bad person we spend lot of time together last summer and were really good friends she was actually one of the first people that I told about my sexuality.

(aslo like a year ago we got drunk and made out together she started it, I wasn´t expecting it but I wasn´t against it, in the morning I was acting like nothing happened and she propably didn´t remember. I don´t know if it has something to do with my current problem)

And the worst thing is that when I talk about girls or queer stuf she seems fine. She was very supportive when I came out. Also she is not the only girl that thinks about me that way. So I don´t know how to confront her if I wasn´t gossiping then I wouldn´t even know.

Now i feel very alert around girs watching myself so I wouldn´t somehow do something that they would consider flirting or whatever I used to flirt with everyone but in a fun way. I just now feel very uncomfortable and akward. I was never akward I am very social human and have lot of friends and also had quite a few relationships.

what is happening? please explain it to me I will be very grateful

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what you’ve written...do you think it could be the kiss that’s troubling her? Perhaps you could have a conversation and tell her that it didn’t mean anything to you. Though, she might take that the wrong way.

Or, is she the type that usually likes drama and attention? Or gossiping?

Whatever it is, it sounds like the issue is with her. It might be the kiss, so have a conversation if you want to, but otherwise, I wouldn’t worry about it. Hopefully she’ll come to her senses eventually.

gurlinred likes this.
  3. Gress

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the problem is that the kiss and more (honesly I thought for a while that maybe she felt something for me after I came out she got a little too curious also I think that she envies me because I have things she wanted but failed to get If you are interested I can explain via message it is messy and has twists like game of thrones but with a good end at least until recently) It was like a year ago and she started to do this very recently avoiding me acting weird spreading rumours about me. And no she isn´t a gossip girl just a torelable amount. It is like she decided to destroy our friendship. It really troubles me that she and other girls think I am hitting on them or something like that. I have never been so conscientious about what I do as I am now also I don´t care what others think of me as long as it doesn´t affect me but it does and more that I am willing to admit.