1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypothetical dilemma: forced body swap with cis person

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Scary Cat, May 12, 2020.

?

Would you choose to make the body swap?

1. Yes, swap us now!

18.8%
  2. No, I won't do it

81.3%
  1. Scary Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This post is just something I think might be fun and interesting scenario to discuss and think about as a group, for transgender people or those who otherwise would prefer to be a different sex.

Here's the situation: You have the option to permanent swap bodies with a person of the opposite sex you're told is cis, and is similar to your body in other respects such as age, career, and health. You don't get to have a discussion with the person you swap with, who will be totally unprepared for the body swap if you choose to make it happen. It's a good assumption the person will freak out, be understandably distressed, and experience gender dysphoria. They won't have evidence you caused the swap, and you'll be able to get away with swapping lives entirely if you choose to "play dumb" about it.

Do you choose to make the body swap happen? You might not wish gender dysphoria on anyone else, but you didn't deserve it in the first place. Perhaps "sharing the load" among others is morally justifiable.

But no matter what, ultimately it's your choice. What would you really do, given the one-time opportunity? What are your thoughts behind doing so?

2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh hell no! The lack of consent really bothers me.

#2 Hats, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
    ErickWolf likes this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m fine with not being cis so no. I mean, everone has their problems, mine is that one, I accept that.

Besides, I would pick to feel female with all of my personality perserved if I were to magically not be trans somehow.

4. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No fucking way. I'd pay a lot to have a cis body, but there's no way I'd do a swap that would require me giving up my entire life!

ErickWolf likes this.
  5. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No way man, I would miss grandparents so badly. The lack of consent is bothering too, it would majorly eff up the guy's life. I mean you just get trapped in the body of a fourteen year old transguy pre-everything! No way! I would ruin his life and I could never do that.

ErickWolf likes this.
  6. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah, no matter how bad I'd feel I can't do that without the other person's consent.

If the scenario was that I'd switch places with a random girl who wanted a male body, then I'd consider it a bit more, but I'd probably miss my family too much. Wouldn't quite be worth it to me.

7. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While having a body where I could actually carry a child(If I ever wished it) would be wonderful, to lose memories of the past, to lose what brought me to where I am, would not be worth it.

And the causing dysphoria for someone else based on my own decision would be irredeemable, regardless of the “Sharing the load”

ErickWolf likes this.