1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A great read: The real Lord of the Flies: what happened when six boys were shipwrecked for 15 month

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by brainwashed, May 12, 2020.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Gosh, did you like that book? I read it when I was nine and was traumatized, and I still haven’t been able to pick it up again. I agree that it teaches you some stuff about humanity, but that book is a really a lot.

3. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The survivor's account was a fascinating. Additionally, the researcher stumbling across a story like that, and then tracking down sources was remarkably lucky. Surely, however, cooperation like that of the boys shipwrecked on Ata doesn't seem to be the normal turn of events. Other times in history where people have been stranded on remote islands haven't turned out well. Factors such as whether they knew each other, that they felt a bond and where willing to work together, and the fact that they had enough resources to last for fifteen months had to have helped them last that long.

4. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So you really like it. Hmm. I agree that it is very fascination in a way, because it dose happen in real life. It’s actually rather interesting I guess. You know what? I am gonna read it agin once i can get my hands on it and then I’ll tell you what I thiinkof it, yeah?

5. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lord Of The Flies wasn't my cup of tea. I find history very interesting, however, so the article provides a lens to look at the idea in context.

6. StillHorny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw the article too and loved it. Golding himself said he was a pessimist about human nature. I believe people are inherently good but can easily be bent toward the ugly and mean and stupid. The entire republican party right now is ugly and mean and stupid. Wasn't always this way.