1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused on terms, what am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thingy, May 10, 2020.

1. thingy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So what I do know is, I'm a demifemale pan-alterous individual. Now along with being pan-alt, I've identified as straight romantic for years. Here in-lies the problems.
    I've discovered that I am attracted to males/men/those with male biology. This includes demi-males, enbys (male or non-binary presenting preferably and male biology) and genderqueer/fluid bio males. But I'm not attracted to trans-men. I feel like I'm doing something wrong or being discriminatory in saying this and I've been afraid to ask because I dont want to get attacked, but I want to understand my brain. In talking to friends in the community, I've been told the word androromantic/sexual would work, but as I researched, I couldn't tell because some sources said it applied to trans-men and others said it didn't and I don't know what to think. Some advice please? Does androromantic/sexual work? Is there another word? Is there just something wrong with me? I'm really really sorry if I offended anyone, I just need answers because I feel like I'm going crazy.

2. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It seems like Androromantic is defined as: An individual who is romantically attracted to men and/or masculinity. It doesn't matter the gender.
    So I cannot quite tell. You may be Androromantic and just not be attracted to trans men. It might just be something in you. It doesn’t mean that you are wrong for not liking trans men, because that is your preference to have. Another thing. Sexuality is such a fluid thing that there is not always a term for everything, because we are all unique in who we like, our turn one, what appearances we prefer, ect.
    Hope this helps!

3. JayKob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally I wouldn't get too hung on labels. They really are not as important as people think. As long as YOU know who you are and what is YOU want then the label that carries matter?

rktonks likes this.
  4. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agreed as you can see from my post signature.
    Really, all it is is that you are who you are.