1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enjoy having sex with women, but still being gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by case121, Apr 29, 2020.

1. case121

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just saw a post of guy, labeled himself as `gay` in one of the forums saying:

`I banged the bejesus out of anyone female with an interest in me, but felt very awkward and out of place doing the romantic things and going on dates...`

I recognize this in the way that, especially over the past years, I really enjoyed having sex with (a lot of) women, but prefered to skip the romantic side of the `relationship` as it felt not really comfortable and some awkward being romantic in public.

Do you guys/girls recognize this? And how would you label yourself? Gay, Bi, Straight?

Thanks for any reply!

2. loveslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im bi and im physically attracted to women sexually and emotionally but men just sexually i preferred no romantic relationship with a man so yeah i know how it can feel awkward at times

VanBo likes this.
  3. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Men and women are socialized very differently. It can be hard to relate if you have a certain type of personality. That's not the same thing as sexuality though.

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn’t say that this necessarily indicates anything about sexuality. It might do for some people, but not necessarily for everyone. People sometimes want sex, but have no interest in a dating or a relationship. Or, other people have no interest in public displays of affection - my ex was like this, not a romantic person.

Why do you feel the need to tell us that you’ve been with “a lot of” women? Why not just say “I’ve had sex with women in the past and enjoyed it”? Did you respect these women? The quote you’ve used doesn’t show much respect, does it?

5. case121

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nothing to do with respect or no respect, sorry. You were never there...More to emphasize my experience was no single incident. Hope its clear.

6. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm romantically and sexually attracted to women. I can feel romantic attraction to men but it's very rare. I don't mind having sex with men and the thought of sex with men is arousing, but physically, it would have to be with the right man... which is almost never. I identify as gay because of a few reasons. For one, I've had relationships with men but I can never hold them because I just don't have that same level of attraction that I do towards women. I always felt there's something 'missing', so it'd never work out.

Secondly, I identify as gay because it helps put a barrier up towards men who have a potential interest in me. While it may not stop all men trying something with me, it reduces it significantly.

Most of all, identifying as gay is a far better fit because I only really experience romantic attraction to men once in a blue moon. It's almost non-existent, so there's no point in identifying as anything else.