1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anxiety about using strap... (18+ thread)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Goya, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Goya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a lesbian woman in my late 30’s that came out only last year after always having been in relationships with men before. I have a girlfriend that I love and live feeling close to. Our sex life is good and she recently asked me how I felt about using a strap and I told her I’d live the feel close with her in this way, because I would, however I am anxious about it reminding me of sex with men, which isn’t my life anymore and I really don’t want. It isn’t me and I was never my true self. So i feel stuck with something I’d really like to do with her, we are very close and intimate and she understands my concerns and feeling anxious. Has anyone else experienced this and worked through it?

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From the concept the ideas seem really similar, but in practice the feeling is different enough that I think you won't have as much of a problem. I can only speak from anal, but the difference between the toy and the real thing is pretty noticeable even if the action is the same. Plus the person you are with makes a fairly significant difference to how it feels as well.

Snowqueen likes this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seconded

4. Zombi3

Yeah like Shorthaul said, the real thing and the fake thing doesn't feel the same. I think when you try it you will be fine. It's just the anxiety.

5. Goya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all, I appreciate your answers! I wonder if any other gay women have struggled with this? Esspecially if they have come out following relationships with men.

6. loveslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my ex girlfriend had tried it on me it was great i loved it was our first time and it became our regular thing back then lol