1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm questioning my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Thomas6645, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Thomas6645

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'm bi but every time I tell myself this I seem to flip back on it with are you sure and honestly I don't know
    This all started a couple months back when I met someone who was lesbian and she said I was giving of some bi vibes which I pondered on for a bit because at the time I new I was straight because what I did and thought was normal for me as I grew up without brothers and four sisters so I just assumed me calling actors and singers who were guys hot as normal as all my sister's did
    So if anyone has had a similar experience is it ok if I get a bit of advice?

2. AbelGa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! I’m a fellow neewbie who is also trying to figure it out, so I’m not sure what my advice is worth, but it sounds to me like you’re saying you aren’t sure if you’re attracted to guys or if you’re just used to seeing them as hot because of your sisters? I have sisters too, and for a long time they would talk about cute guys and I just kind of played along, but the thing is, I was never really attracted to them, I could only objectively see how they would be considered hot. For me, it took a lot of time to sort out whether I actually liked men or not, and I only started to figure it out that I didn’t when I let myself imagine being with another woman. The question of am I attracted to this person or just projecting is super difficult. As hard as it is, you just have to give yourself some time and be patient with yourself. You don’t have to have all the answers right now and you’re allowed to change your mind about this over and over again.
    I’m sending good vibes into the universe for you!

3. Kevins1197

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It sounds like you’re bisexual, it sounds like you were attracted to boys before you knew the word for it.

But that’s okay, it’s perfectly normal to be attracted to the same sex. There’s nothing wrong or disgusting about bisexuality. You might be more attracted to guys than women but there’s no hurry to label just go with what feels right to you.

4. Thomas6645

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cheers for that mate that has given me something to think about
    Thank you

5. Thomas6645

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea thanks
    I'm gonna give it time to try figure out what all of this I'm going through means
    It's not that I'm disgusted as one of my best friends recently came out as trans but I think its more of how uncommon the idea felt as around where I live there are very few people who are out so I've just never been familiar with this side of the story
    But I thank you for the sincerity gotta admit I needed to hear it from someone else to just get it into my mind that I may be
    But I'm gonna spend some time pondering it and doing other things
    Thank you