1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Dyke2WO4, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Dyke2WO4

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum but hoping to make some friends while in isolation, and maybe offer some advice when I can.

For those wondering about my username, its a referemce to Alison Bechdel's long running comic strip "Dykes to Watch Out For," which is a favorite of mine, i highly recommend any of her books.

I'm a nonbinary lesbian and use they/them pronouns, and I'm out to my friends and former coworkers (I was part of a mass layoff due to the pandemic) and although I'm sure my parents know I'm queer it isnt something we talk about openly at the moment. I'm 20 and working on my bachelors degree at the moment.

I'm also a huge fan of Cameron Esposito, her stand up sets, podcasts, and her memoir that was released just a few weeks ago.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you folx!

2. Marble Jar

Marble Jar Guest

Hello. Welcome to the forum. What are you studying?

3. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome! Marble beat me to the punch to ask what you were studying, so I will instead ask what’s your favorite band/musician?

4. BiWhat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I'm glad to find someone else in the good old 20s lol

I'm also new here - my profile says questioning, but I only chose that because questioning seems to be a lifelong process for lots of people. I ID as Bi, but I'm not sure if I'm both bisexual and biromantic, or biromantic heterosexual.

I look forward to hearing from y'all, and feel free to offer me some insight if you've ever been in a similar sitch :slight_smile:

5. Dyke2WO4

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm currently studying Wildlife Conservation

6. Dyke2WO4

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like a lot of different music from different genres, but right now ive been listening to a lot of P!nk, Amanda Palmer, Indigo Girls, and Mary Lambert lol. Oh, and the 2016 cast of Falsettos, which makes me cry every time I listen to/watch it. What stuff I listen to depends on the day really a couple weeks ago i was listening to a lot of metal/punk lol

7. Dyke2WO4

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there! All this is really confusing and can also change as time goes on. It took me a long time to figure out what labels I liked, what i thought expressed what I felt well. And then that changed as I got older and learned more about myself and grew as a person!

Anyways, I just wanted to say that its ok to not know, and its ok for things to change over time. Its all very natural and its 100% ok. Just do whatever feels the most authentic for you at that point in time, and the rest will follow :slight_smile: