1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like where you live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love where I live. First of all, it's beautiful. It's got two rivers running through it, many beautiful woods, and it's only an hour from the coast. A good portion of the town you are only a five to ten minute drive away from the rivers, the woods, or both.
    It's big but not too big- 375,000. It's very LGBTQ+ friendly. Probably the second friendliest city in the state. It is not a place where I would have to be afraid of being obviously in a couple with someone of the same sex. It's got tons of entertainment, the price of living isn't TOO outrageous, and it's very multicultural. It's got good healthcare.
    I don't like the public transportation. It just isn't extensive enough. I don't have a car and it really limits where I can go. And there is a big problem with homelessness that has not been dealt with well at all.

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update: went to the grocery store near work to get some food, and also looked for a greeting card. The store even had a choice of a card with sparkly unicorns and jackalopes, “glad we found each other” valentines card for gay/bi men, another for women, some rainbow birthday cards. Wow. I really like this place.

3. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No.
    It's a small isolated village, where I've been unable to make friends and where I've done a 1.5 hour commute (each way) to get to work ...

But I did what I had to do for my family. Been here about 12 years.

I hope to move within the next 12 months.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like the city that I live in. There is a lot of lgbt groups and transgender groups. They also have an anti-discrimination law here, so that is good as well. I never thought that I would live here, bit I have come to like this city.

#24 BradThePug, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  5. Oliverrrrr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh hell yes! Love this place.

I live in a small flat (with tiny garden) with partner, in a major city in the UK, about a 15 minute bike ride from the Centre. The part we're in is one of the most diverse places on the planet, i kid you not within 4 square miles there are 92 languages spoken. Along with that comes a huge degree of tollerance and acceptance of others. The kid's grow up with it and those that move in learn it or face problems till they do. You can chose to engage with the city and it's opportunities or ignore it and glide through it blissfully isolated.

The downsides are, the huge number of things to do can leave you exhausted and overwhelmed, It takes an hour to get to anything like countryside, and everyone is so 'city' minded it can be hard to make friends here.

But there is a huge and vibrant LGBTQIAetc community, there is a big river through the middle of it and you can cycle everywhere at any time of day or night more or less safely. Public transport is great and runs all night. Cycling across the river at night still gives me shivvers of joy and beauty after 30 years of it.

As i get older i enjoy being elsewhere more and more, but i still love being back here.

6. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in a small city in Iran. I don't like it. That's obvious. I've never been to a more free country, So I can't say accurately. But, I think there are much inequality and corruption here that leads our life to unfairness. It's a kakistocracy here. They don't allow people to enjoy their lives. I feel lonely. I have no friend near me to see in person. I have many good friends that are in other cities. The weather is ok, It's quite mild.
    I don't like the ways the people here get used to living. I feel I am not like them. I want to live in another place.

I think I like Ireland, Uk and Switzerland very much, For their weather, scenes and culture.

#26 Vega222, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  7. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's wonderful and funny in some ways. But yeah, It has its downsides.
    Just wanted to say, I probably would love to live in such a place (Especially if there were to be good accompanies there).

8. Joeri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love where I live, but as everywhere, my place also has disadvantages.
    Country-wise: high taxes and shitty weather.
    City-wise: too many tourists. 90% of them doesn't respect the locals. It's hard for me even to go to the bloody post office on my bike because tourists walk in groups in the middle of the road.

#28 Joeri, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  9. Wendyo23

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I live in an apartment in a major Canadian university town that straddles two worlds the downtown with it's nightlife and delicious food including 3 major fast food restaurants a hockey arena and city hall. But I'm a bus ride away from our major shopping mall in the west end. I'm content but my rent due to taxes ugggg.

10. Shallow waters

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not at all. I am bored out of my mind. There is so little to do and people my age are hard to be friends with. Reason being that you either make good friends with people who do bad stuff or you meet people who aren’t going to like you once they know your “secret”. Made some good memories here I guess, but I am ready to go. I am planning to save up and move to a large interesting city.

11. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes and no. I like the location, and I'm proud to be an Albertan, but politically, there's too many conservative aligned people around here, and there's not much to do in a small town. There are times where I wish I was in or closer to the city for the convenience.

12. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally can't stand the town that I live in (at all) for several reasons, hope to move away permanently when I have enough cash. However, Glasgow itself is a really cool city and I can't wait until I'm able to be back (thanks Corona). It's not the most interesting place and probably not tourist material but it feels like home to me. The city centre feels kinda American since it's built on a grid system which is unusual in the UK.

I think that I've grown to love Scotland more since I started university as I've not been on a rigid schedule like in school and have had more time to travel around the neighbouring areas (which I hadn't done for years). The landscape is great and the coastal regions are very pretty, albeit freezing cold.

#32 Joe2001, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  13. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Americans really like Glasgow too from what I've seen. I'm friends with a few former U.S. Navy submarine sailors, and they all agreed Glasgow/Edinburgh was their overall favorite place to work out of anywhere in the world they'd been (which was like 15+ countries). My favorite quote from one of them: "We would routinely get into pub brawls with the Scots in Glasgow and at some point they'd just calmly sit back down, order us a round of beers, and ask us who we thought would win the rugby match like nothing ever happened"

14. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm okay with the most part. Lot of trees and birds, library nearby, and forest nearby. The lighting inside the house is pretty bad, because it's surrounded by other apartment buildings. My room is the only spot where there's enough sunlight.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I now live in a very liberal city where the crosswalks that aren’t painted rainbow are painted like piano keys. I love it here and I’m so glad I made it back. I can’t see myself anywhere else.

16. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    no.
    it is a very nice city but it i do not like how it is warm everyday. the sun is very hot on my skin. there is very little rain. very few plants. there are so many people, it is very bright outside at night it is annoying. the air is filthy, it is very expensive for my family, there is always traffic, no one my age in my neighborhood. too many dogs. too close to the ocean. many homeless people, very scary when i was little.

17. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it is just not for me, i know many people love my city, but it is a bit of a tourist spot for surfers and that is the only appeal. I live in a suburb city that is considered one of the most expensive places to live in the country, of course i do not like it!

18. Wendyo23

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd love to be with more conservative people Michelle rempel is a girl crush. No i hate Ontario

19. Zombi3

I grew up and still live in a Jewish community. It felt isolating as I grew up. But now I could care less, how I'm viewed. I just mind my own business, and to be honest it feels safe to live in this community as there is very low crime rate. And the location is great, when its Summer, the view and feeling is blissful.

20. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ll trade you. You can come here, I’ll go there.