1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs that warm your cockles

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ryu, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Ryu

Ryu

There are some songs out there that just put me in an amazing mood, like they've always existed inside of me or some pretentious nonsense like that. But does anybody else no what I mean? The first song that ever did this for me is this must be the place by the talking heads and ever since I first heard it I've been looking for songs that do the same thing to me.
    A few of these are
    Sports Men - Haruomi Hosono
    Iskustvo Bit Smirnim - Aquarium
    Depreston - Courtney Barnet
    Mythogical Beauty - Big Thief
    Never in my wildest dreams - Dan Auerbach
    Our House - csny
    Champagne Coast - Blood Orange
    Lost and found - the cry
    Boyish - Japanese breakfast
    Don't be scared, I love you - Bill Ryder Jones
    If not for you - George Harrison
    Feels like heaven - fiction factory
    Everyday - Weyes Blood
    Androgynous - The Replacements
    Random rules - silver Jews
    And of course, the twin peaks theme

Like is this a thing for anybody else? Like I dunno why but just listening to these songs and a few others just make everything okay. If so, I'd love to hear your picks.

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like each song makes things all okay for a different reason.

"Everybody Loves Me - One Republic" has been a bop since middle school.
    "Nobody Speak - DJ Shadows ft. Run The Jewels" reminds me of the days where my best friend drive around and scream this with the windows down.
    "Don't Lose Ur Head - SIX the musical" had a few singing/dancing moments with my one roomie who knew the show, with everyone else not knowing what on Earth was going on.
    "Dead! - My Chemical Romance" helped me feel like a confident baddie in middle school when I was anything but.
    "Shake It Out - Florence + The Machine" was especially mystical when I saw her live, and it just reminds me to let things go.
    "He's the Wizard - The Wiz" is something I'd beg my mom to play over and over when I was four years old, and it's still a jam.

I'm a little sentimental since it's late, but yeah, there's some songs that make everything okay. :slight_smile: