1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you ever fall for a closeted guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lovetoomuch, Feb 19, 2020.

1. lovetoomuch

I would just like to hear a personal experience if anyone has one. Over 1.5 months this guy with supposedly strong feelings for me (who claimed to care about me so much) all of a sudden seems like he doesn't care about me at all anymore. He has essentially pushed me away. This is truthfully the first guy I have even fallen in love with. Things moved super fast between us and we got really close, really quick.

He (28 years old) is not out to anyone - no friends, family, etc.. He has been dating guys without anyone knowing for about a year now and is convinced he will come out when he is in a serious relationship with a guy.

I'm trying to move on with my life because we had a conversation yesterday and he was pretty insensitive saying "I've been heartbroken too. You're not alone." This is truly, though, my first heartbreak.

Has this happened to anyone before with a guy in the closet? He suddenly seems to push you away and want nothing to do with you after being so caring, sweet, and understanding previously?

Thank you.

2. lovetoomuch

Or girl*. Sorry, didn't realize that until I reread the title!

3. Orr

Orr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't speak much from experience, but I (closeted) am currently having a secret crush on someone who is closeted himself. What I can say is that we are frequently anxious about being outed accidentally. Perhaps there are things you do that unwittingly make him uncomfortable? Personally, as a result of my closeted-ness, I am also inexperienced with intimacy and relationship. It might be the same case as him, but it sounds like he has been on the dating scene for a while, so perhaps a change of heart on his part is a possibility.