1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fictional crushes on men as a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kay0412, Mar 28, 2020.

1. kay0412

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    15/f/lesbian(??)

for the last,,, 3 years probably? I've been confused about my sexuality. for a while, I thought i must be bisexual but recently realized that's note the case. the idea of being in a relationship with a guy isnt necessarily awful... but it's not appealing at all. i don't think i could ever have a fulfilling relationship with a man (at least in this point of my life. the idea of having a sexual relationship with a man repulses me as well.

i came to a conclusion- i must be a lesbian. while i've not had a relationship with a girl, all of my crushes seem to be girls. i genuinely believe i could have a girlfriend and look forward to it in the future!

the only think that's confusing me at the moment is my crushes on fictional men. whether it's anime, tv shows or draco malfoy in the half-blood prince. I find i have an attraction to them but I cant tell whether it's an attraction to the guy or to his 'character' who isn't real.

2. Cossintan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a person who watches too much anime for her own good, I totally understand this. However, this might be because they look similar to girls?? I know that a lot of comics I read have people who are androgynous- looking, and I get super confused when their genders are revealed. I don’t think character crushes are a good reflection of your orientation. I know people who are attracted to characters who (according to plot lines) aren’t even human, and they’d never have that in real life. My advice is to not overthink it. It’s not as if these characters will come to life and ask you to date them, and sexual orientation only applies to the people you’re attracted to irl.

3. kay0412

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    this is really helpful :slight_smile: i know it seems ridiculous to question my sexuality over animated boys who play volleyball but sometimes it's hard! i find that i use any reason to invalidate my indentity as i'm not fully comfortable with it yet... but slowly im getting more okay with the idea of being a lesbian

Cossintan likes this.
  4. Cossintan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No problem! I’ve experienced this (trying to invalidate myself) too. Remember that there’s no need to rush, and that it definitely gets better over time!:smiley:

#4 Cossintan, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020