1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and exploring my Gender

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Hamman2020, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Hamman2020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there, generic induction here but I gotta start somewhere. Honestly, I’m actually kinda struggling writing this, I don’t know how to write this post. I’m primarily joining this place because I know, despite being at the back of my mind for years and avoiding it, that I am gender curious (or trans curious, I’m not exactly sure what to call it). I’m male and gay, but until now I’ve always suppressed any gender curiosities because I’ve always been scared of it ever since I came to the realisation of it when I was 18. I haven’t explored it at all, I’m only now acknowledging this after 5 years.

I don’t exactly feel female, but it feels like a totally separate part of me. Not that I’m downplaying it, I know it feels that way currently because I haven’t explored it enough. It has felt very scary since I just happened to drop on me when I was a young adult, having not grew up with it. Right now, I can’t even say I’m ‘questioning’ myself, but exploring. It’ll be wonderful to talk and even befriend people on here who’ve obviously been on this path before, I really need someone to talk to most of all. On a separate note I hope everyone is keeping safe in this crazy time

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Hamman, welcome to EC. It sounds like you're taking the questioning, or exploring, at a good pace. Explore what makes you comfortable, what doesn't, and what you are able to change to make you more comfortable with yourself. You may find the gender identity and expression sub-forum helpful as well.

If you have any questions or concerns about anything you find on the forum, you can always message either myself or another member of staff.
    Hope to see you around.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to the Forum,

This is a great place to explore and read about others' experiences with gender.

Enjoy.